New Everton Stadium Discussion

You should take a walk round the stadium next time you're in the area, then you'll likely understand how difficult that would be.

It's a long time ago now but there was one guy on Toffeeweb I think who worked up a possible way of expanding the site. I think he suggested rotating the pitch 90 degrees but I could've got that wrong. Found this online, don't know if it was his work:

I think most of us though once we saw the BMD designs have accepted that a fresh start is likely to deliver the better results?

It's a long time ago now but there was one guy on Toffeeweb I think who worked up a possible way of expanding the site. I think he suggested rotating the pitch 90 degrees but I could've got that wrong. Found this online, don't know if it was his work:

I think most of us though once we saw the BMD designs have accepted that a fresh start is likely to deliver the better results?

To cut a long story/post short ...

It's possible to redevelop Goodison, but it's not practical, and, long term, if we have a stadium on the river, in an area which is likely to be unrecognisable in 15/20 years time ( think Salford Quays decades ago to now, and then more so ) then it's a complete no brainer.

Agree with this - but the more I read though the more I am questioning the numbers and whether the juice is worth the squeeze here. The stadium (no matter how shiny and new) becomes a noose around necks for at least 10 years & the soccornomics of it all (Lower % of turnover V's increased building cost) makes it start to look less and less important vs the the stress, implied risk around managing the finance for the next ten years.

I fully realise we are in a bind with the space around Goodison, but when you look at the really smart plans proposed for Wolves, Anfield, Craven cottage, Bramell lane & etc; surely there is some way to modernise & increase the capacity at a very small % of cost of BMD, while also having the chance to leverage the probable improvement in transport as a result of other expansion
I would like to think they looked at the prospect of redevelopment of Goodison. But maybe the cost or problems they might of occurred they thought relocation was the best bet. All it takes is one person to refuse to move and it can take years to get past that. And the way Goodison is Built and age would of increased the costs. Maybe once we have the new stadium they might go into more detail of why we didn’t take the option to redevelop. I love Goodison but if I was to move to one place it would be on the docks. I agree with you that having this stadium will impact us money wise but I believe it’s for the best of the club in the long term.

Them " next few weeks" will be nearer Xmas mate , we could be getting snotted every week then.

The usual is
Bad result = Pacify the fans with stadium news.

This is tedious beyond belief it's been proven time and again this is not the case but yet again here they come. Add to this 52,000 no 61,878 is where it should be and you enter Dante's 7th circle of hell.
Wheels within wheels like a never ending or beginning nightmare of repetition.

FlashyHotCobra-max-1mb.gif
The record is 108.

Engineer Tom Hughes wrote a paper on how it could be done, looked pretty reasonable to me

[/URL]