New Everton Stadium Discussion

The foundation's of a building are often the most costly part of a project. Once you get out of the ground it's all good.

I highly doubt there would be major problems though. Feasibility studies and geotech reports and engineering would have been done before the site/project would have been given the go ahead anyway ( for piece of mind and insurance purposes)

I'm more worried brexit happening, the pound slumping and steel prices going up will have much bigger effects than complications with the ground.

It sort of makes me wonder if they have put off the project this long because of it (just to see how brexit effects the economy).

Doubt they will build a stadium when there is a shortage of fans with jobs and a lack of pies

I am worried about carbon emissions putting a kibosh on any development. The spotted dodderil, a wading bird , might find its foraging habitat affected by rising water levels.

#oh the humanity

Where is that from?

A few observations though. In this thread, not one poster has posted seeing anything happening at the site, let alone drilling. It would take more than a black and decker.

Also, pretty sure that the whole of Merseyside rests on a huge slab of sandstone, that has supported the weight of Liverpool, and most of the Wirral, since they were invented.

And wasnt a similar tweet or sommet totally laughed off by Meis not a day or so ago?
Those dock walls between the river and the dock are anchored to something. They hold back a fair weight of water, they didn't just plonk then down at low tide like lego and hope they wouldn't move when the tide came back in.
iirc, those tides peak at 10+ metres
Finance might be a problem...when isnt it, but I doubt its linked to one portion or another, It'll be the whole - you want how much?
Anyway, it isn't Maghull or Prescot, its Speke...or commence operation redevelop The Bullens.

Forget it its Chinatown the international break aka compulsory bubble chatting time

Just been sent an update.

Screenshot_20191008-073815_WhatsApp.jpg

The foundation's of a building are often the most costly part of a project. Once you get out of the ground it's all good.

I highly doubt there would be major problems though. Feasibility studies and geotech reports and engineering would have been done before the site/project would have been given the go ahead anyway ( for piece of mind and insurance purposes)

I'm more worried brexit happening, the pound slumping and steel prices going up will have much bigger effects than complications with the ground.

It sort of makes me wonder if they have put off the project this long because of it (just to see how brexit effects the economy).

Doubt they will build a stadium when there is a shortage of fans with jobs and a lack of pies
They have allocated 100m+ for foundations because they don't know how much it is going to cost. It could well be double that.
Then you will have UNESCO and world heritage that can drag us through the courts and delay it further.

If the cost escalates too much they have to pull the plug, simple as that. 500m for 52k is too much as it is.
People keep on saying naming rights that's not easy to come buy, just ask spurs.