New Everton Stadium Discussion

But as has already been mentioned, nothing can happen until planning permission has been granted?

Your weekly updates will no doubt get more and more frantic as NOTHING AT ALL IS HAPPENING, THE PILE OF WOOD IS GETTING BIGGER!

The club didn't even release the summary of feedback from the 2nd consultation yet (an essential part of the application, not a delaying tactic as the tinfoil gang claim), so a planning application is probably a couple of months off.

You know, in line with the timescale announced by the club.

Ok so I'm going a bit over the top with the loads of wood there but how long has it been since the whole BMD was put out there??

Why isn't the site surrounded with EFC banners proclaiming this is the next home of EFC etc??? That's what I would do if I was in charge.

Point is nothing is happening...not even prep work. Tell you what the only noticeable thing that has happened is a new bike lane that's been built which is pretty impressive like :)

Ok so I'm going a bit over the top with the loads of wood there but how long has it been since the whole BMD was put out there??

Why isn't the site surrounded with EFC banners proclaiming this is the next home of EFC etc??? That's what I would do if I was in charge.

Point is nothing is happening...not even prep work. Tell you what the only noticeable thing that has happened is a new bike lane that's been built which is pretty impressive like :)

How long? About 3 years at a guess

Why no banners? It's not our lease until planning is approved. Be a bit weird chucking up a load of banners.

"nothing is happening" is clearly untrue. If you mean the site isn't crawling with workers in high vis jackets, dock being filled in etc, it's connected to the previous point: planning permission is yet to be granted. It's yet to be applied for as of today.

The "loads of timber" you mention is actually stored at Nelson Dock, not Bramley Moore so it's not really an issue.

You're right about the bike track, it's decent. Pity it's reddish.

Still on by all accounts. All the concrete and material getting knocked down from the Churchill flyover is being used to fill the dock in. I guess that means it’s still on unless something else is now being built there.

tbf, its not just damp dockland, you haven't got to go too far down before you hit solid sandstone. The whole Merseyside conurbation sits on a massive sheet of the stuff from Woolton and beyond on one side to Thurstuson and beyond on the other.
Just look at the walls as you come into Lime St from Edge Hill
They didn't just plonk those walls down on the muddy river bed. With 30ft tides theres a lot of weight of water to hold back, they must be anchored to something.

If there is a problem...and up to now its all rumour - maybe not even 'true rumour' I dont think its 'tanking costs' etc
Indeed..All of the 3 Graces were built on filled in docks.

I suspect this will be on hold until we see if we’re about to fall off the Premier League gravy train.
It'll never get built then.
Up to now there's always been 3 or more teams worse than us.
Just like Leicester had a perfect winning season - there is always the opposite to balance it out.
We're just one perfect storm of a horror season away from the drop
Nobody is too big to go down...and I dont think it'll happen. But history is littered with things that couldn't happen in a million years.

Still on by all accounts. All the concrete and material getting knocked down from the Churchill flyover is being used to fill the dock in. I guess that means it’s still on unless something else is now being built there.

Its not - its going into the new link road from leeds street down to the dock road by bath street.