New Everton Stadium Discussion

We’ve always had a boss away following to be fair. Haven’t we only averaged over 50k something like twice in our entire history? Only time will tell anyway, we defo won’t end up with a 60k stadium.
Yeh, and WHU had never got above 40,000 but are now getting 50,000+
I've done the obligatory artist's impression. I hope you like it?

View attachment 66791

I don't think this is a major issue but in terms of fine tuning the stadium, does anyone else think the roof starts too high above the South Stand? There seems to be a big height gap between the last row and the roof.
Why not have it lower and the lads at the back can stand on their chairs and bang away on the roof? It just makes it feel a little open.
I agree. Don't see how such a gap is going to help create atmosphere

Man Utds matchday revenue for last year was 124m
Evertons was 18m.

Man Utds commercial revenue was 256m
Evertons was 21m

People think an extra 5k seats is gonna bridge that gap.

Its not.

An extra 5k seats is worth 2m a year and would probably add another 150m on the price, its not effective.
Just as well you're not the finance man at Everton. An extra 5,000 capacity with seats selling at say £40 on average would generate around double what you say here. Thinking of it, maybe you are, hence the reticence to go bigger.
And as for a cost of another £150m, where on earth does that figure come from?

I'm not convinced by the presumption that we won't be attractive to corporates paying premium dollars for seats.

If the Goodison legacy walks the walk, does what it says on the tin, they'll be lining up.
Along with what has already been established by EITC, the social capital generated by the club makes Everton an enormously attractive brand to be associated with. This all is tangible stuff - in dollars terms its as real and genuine as the work the club is doing in the community.
Throw in BMD as a unique, iconic building which will be architecturally recognised all round the world and the atmosphere of packed stadium on matchdays and they'll be clamoring to be a part of it

It might seem sleazy or distasteful but those corporate dollars are going to keep these projects going and reach greater heights...and as an afterthought might generate dollars to buy players too.

Maybe its not registering how significant and revolutionary the Legacy and EITC are.

I wonder if it'll have any effect on money available for players whilst its being built?

Shouldn't be as we are paying long term on tick. So all it will do is stop us buying a player like Walcott every season and that can't be a bad thing. :D

I'm only kidding, the increased income from the stadium will negate the yearly cost meaning we can buy a Walcott every year...:Blink:

Likelihood the extra 5000 seats would be general sale tickets, so that is (5000 x 48) x 19 = £4,560,000 a year without any cup games. Of course that doesn't allow for kids/OAP's so you can probably knock 25% off that figure taking it to around 3 and a half million if consistently sold out. These seats would pay for themselves within a period of 13-14 years once interest is included and when that happens that is money in the bank.

I can't help go back to the short sightedness of the Park End situation where it would have cost another 2 odd million to build a second tier, but they baulked and we have lost a rough estimate of nearly 100 million in income because of it.

I believe it is more than just penis envy it stands at the root of everything, are we going to have the ambition to try and be the best we can or are we going to make it comfortable for ourselves? A 12k increase after you deduct the premium seating means there is going to be around 8000 extra seats and moving from a consistently full stadium for an extra 8k doesn't feel like we are going to satisfy that general demand. That means you'll end up with an aging audience and the atmosphere will decrease accordingly. If kids can't get to the game here but due to the 15th tacked on extension next door means they can there, then we could lose future match going Evertonians.

I don't think many of us see us having more seats than Arsenal now, so we will have a smaller stadium than most of our rivals esp. when City and the RS expand. But we should be in the ballpark. 8 to 10,000 seats smaller than these clubs is a lot. We have struggled to compete against these clubs when we had one of the bigger stadiums. If we lose our sugar daddy we may end up playing in a nice stadium but still in the exact same position of being unable to realistically compete. If we could get to 57-58k, then you could say as we are only 3-5k down on our rivals we are in that 'ballpark'. I think most of us would accept 55k now.

I agree with the fact that we just want it built now!
Back in 1970 the new mainstand cost £7M, for an extra 10% they could've had no posts in the way.

Back in 1970 the new mainstand cost £7M, for an extra 10% they could've had no posts in the way.

Bit of forward planning isn't it? If we had of cantilevered the MS/GS/BR roofs when they either put them on or had them replaced in the latter two's case, we would only have a small proportion of the seats at Goodison with restricted views.

A lot of times you pay later on for trying to save now.

Bit of forward planning isn't it? If we had of cantilevered the MS/GS/BR roofs when they either put them on or had them replaced in the latter two's case, we would only have a small proportion of the seats at Goodison with restricted views.

might not even want to move now too, just reconfigure the park end and get another 10,000 seats job done !

Do it once, do it right.
Buy cheap, buy twice.
Etc.

... when we don't entirely sell out EVERY game right now (or are only right on the boundary of it, at best)

We consistently sell out our league games though.

For me, the important thing isn't whether the initial build capacity is 52k, 55k or 62k.

The important thing is that, assuming we start with 52k, there is a definite plan for expanding that up to 62k, which isn't significantly more expensive than building 62k in the first place.

Almost by definition, it'll be more expensive to expand than it would be to do it all in one go, so it's really important to initially design in things to make them as easy to expand as possible. A simple example of that would be build concourses with enough slack in them to take, say, an extra 2000 people in any stands which might be expanded at a later date.