New Everton Stadium Discussion

Well there seems to be limited space in the concourses so may be that or some other design reason. Can't see it being by choice.

It is for space and cost reasons. If you have them further back then you need an array of staircases to get down to the bottom which will obviously encroach on the space available on the lower concourse. Or you raise the concourse but if you do that the space available starts to diminish as the stand angles backwards. Least the latter way you can probably share the upper tiers stairwells but these would need to be made larger/more of them to cope with the increase in footfall and it will take longer to evacuate in an emergency.

The Cardiff City Stadium has similarly low down entrances/exits into the bowl. It is just far more cost effective.

That aviva one is shocking. Litrally about 10 rows in the away end. No atmosphere or anything. It was something to do with the neighbours noise complaints wasnt it?

Influential and well off NIMBY neighbours in a pretty expensive street (bath avenue) and a cul-de-sac off it in particular. The IRFU had bought up several of the houses in advance but just didn't get enough scale to push it through. Unlike our dear red neighbours. The compromise is what you see now.

The stadium design, however does provide for this to be rectified at a future date though. Thankfully, such issues won't affect us given the brownfield (pool) site location.

Well there seems to be limited space in the concourses so may be that or some other design reason. Can't see it being by choice.

Limited space in the concourse is also a concern. One of the best features of NWHL is the concourse space - small waiting times and plenty of options.

I'd be unimpressed if it's still a massive hassle getting a pint at half time being herded in between those yellow bars.

Limited space in the concourse is also a concern. One of the best features of NWHL is the concourse space - small waiting times and plenty of options.

I'd be unimpressed if it's still a massive hassle getting a pint at half time being herded in between those yellow bars.

I was at the Spurs preseason game v Inter and it's like a mini Wembley relative to the concourses.
The queues are not small, the space although vast [in length not width] is stuffy because of the low ceiling heights.

Only one end of the ground has the 'goaline' bar - the rest have little outlets and the queues stretch to the back walls given the limited width.

Safe to say the stadium is impressive not gonna take that away from it -i'm also a massive fan of bing able to explore any part of the ground regardless where you sit- but the speed of service/space is a little exaggerated imo.

I was at the Spurs preseason game v Inter and it's like a mini Wembley relative to the concourses.
The queues are not small, the space although vast [in length not width] is stuffy because of the low ceiling heights.

Only one end of the ground has the 'goaline' bar - the rest have little outlets and the queues stretch to the back walls given the limited width.

Safe to say the stadium is impressive not gonna take that away from it -i'm also a massive fan of bing able to explore any part of the ground regardless where you sit- but the speed of service/space is a little exaggerated imo.

Oh right, thanks for the insight.

The "dock building" areas to our new stadium look as though they'll provide enough space imo for the east and west stands.

The South (single tier) looks as though it's broken into two halves with concourses dedicated to the standard seats only (no VIP seating etc) so looks as though it will have plenty of room.

The north stand however, i can't see how it will accommodate a decent sized concourse.

Also - could it be because it was a friendly they didn't use full capacity the catering facilities?

One of the yids on here could help.

According to the bloke on Toffee TV once planning permission has been granted then Moshiri
can increase the capacity to 60k+.

Any chance of safe standing? Seeing those games in Germany with big popular ends, loadsa singing, 10 bob
to get in really make me envious.

Surely they have to be our aim?.

It is for space and cost reasons. If you have them further back then you need an array of staircases to get down to the bottom which will obviously encroach on the space available on the lower concourse. Or you raise the concourse but if you do that the space available starts to diminish as the stand angles backwards. Least the latter way you can probably share the upper tiers stairwells but these would need to be made larger/more of them to cope with the increase in footfall and it will take longer to evacuate in an emergency.

The Cardiff City Stadium has similarly low down entrances/exits into the bowl. It is just far more cost effective.
And if that's the reason for it then let's stop all this 'intimidation' crap. We're penny pinching again on what is a one off opportunity. Any more backtracking and I'll be back favouring a redevelopment of GP.

According to the bloke on Toffee TV once planning permission has been granted then Moshiri

Any chance of safe standing? Seeing those games in Germany with big popular ends, loadsa singing, 10 bob

The Germans have got it right, as usual. When they do home ends they make the capacity as high as possible. They make sure they don't have wide gangways and exits. And they have a greater than 1:1 ratio when replacing seats with safestanding.

So even if we put in planning permission for 52k, there's a loophole for us to put it up by 8k no questions?

Doubt it.

And if that's the reason for it then let's stop all this 'intimidation' crap. We're penny pinching again on what is a one off opportunity. Any more backtracking and I'll be back favouring a redevelopment of GP.

It is also partially down to the small size of the site and the favourable orientation for TV cameras. The question then comes up do you want your new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey or are you happy to play at stonebridge cross?

If you haven't had to pay £100M for the prep then that can be put towards having a bigger stadium that can facilitate the vomitories being towards the bank of the stand. However the commercial income going forward would be reduced so that would need to be investigated.

I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to sink the stadium into the dock that way ground level would be towards the back of the stand and you would get what you want. I think the fact that they a) daftly want to be able to transform the dock back if we left (like we are going to leave and once built upon no one is going to put valuable real estate back to water!) and the fact the premium seating and tunnel would all be subterranean without the desired views.

It’s about compromise to the local environment hence the limitations.
I also think going in for PP with only 52k maybe easier for the anti-brigade to swallow, however with a view to increase in future as an amendment to the planning once launched.
Or maybe that’s just me hoping.

55k would be ideal I think.