New Everton Stadium Discussion

I would be happy if the capacity could be raised to 55k , with the ability to go to 65k whenever safe standing is approved.

We don't want empty seats but I do feel there will be a market for seats in a great location in a shiny new stadium.
I feel that tourist business alone will generate substantial ticket sales.
I do believe a stadium with a 52k capacity will be a sell out from day one.

I would be happy if the capacity could be raised to 55k , with the ability to go to 65k whenever safe standing is approved.

We don't want empty seats but I do feel there will be a market for seats in a great location in a shiny new stadium.
I feel that tourist business alone will generate substantial ticket sales.
I do believe a stadium with a 52k capacity will be a sell out from day one.

How many times do people need to be told, it will never be 60k.

Some experts analysed the spacing on each row, no chance of enough room & the gov will never approve of it!

They said "could be increased to 62,000" when they know it wouldn't. just trying to get on naive fans like the esk.
Not trying to be pedantic but how do you know this ?

Is this your opinion ? or is this backed up with something more definite ?
If it is your opinion, on what basis are you saying this... as in is this an area of expertise for you ?

Definitely can not expand.

Who the hell builds a new stadium with future expansion capabilities??

The designers are already thinking its small for the job, else why even mention expanding in future

I think the initial renders are much much better.. The three tier stands.

Okay keep your hair on, I did say perhaps.

How many times do people need to be told, it will never be 60k.

Some experts analysed the spacing on each row, no chance of enough room & the gov will never approve of it!
It's perhaps more likely Westminster will eventually agree to the implementation of safe standing, but it will be the football authorities and more importantly the police and H&S who will insist on no more than a 1:1 ratio... One seat out, one standing in
Ergo... BMD built to 52,000 seats will likely remain at 52,000 irrespective of how many seats are replaced by safe standing positions.

Not trying to be pedantic but how do you know this ?

Is this your opinion ? or is this backed up with something more definite ?
If it is your opinion, on what basis are you saying this... as in is this an area of expertise for you ?

Some experts reviewed the spac/dimensions, 1:2 would only happen if everyone is ok with people standing on each others toes basically.

The UK Gov would most likely never agree to 1:2 per seat.

The areas in the stadiums facilities would probably not be able to cope with the extra capacity. Imagine twice as many people waiting for a pint/toilet.

Some experts reviewed the spac/dimensions, 1:2 would only happen if everyone is ok with people standing on each others toes basically.

The UK Gov would most likely never agree to 1:2 per seat.

The areas in the stadiums facilities would probably not be able to cope with the extra capacity. Imagine twice as many people waiting for a pint/toilet.
I may be wrong but I thought Dan Meis did say that the concourses would be sufficiently large/wide to cope with a larger crowd.

Let's hope Crewe, or whatever other lower league team he's playing for by then, draw Everton away in one of the cups so he can play there.
He is a fine young player .. developing well under a good coach who , possibly unlike you , understands football
He is a credit to Everton FC and I expect him to lead the blues out at USM BRAMLEY Moore Park on more than one occasion

I may be wrong but I thought Dan Meis did say that the concourses would be sufficiently large/wide to cope with a larger crowd.

I've been a proper stadium geek over this, and not seen this anywhere, be good if someone can find it?

As I'll most likely be sitting there, be sound to have shorter waiting times for a pint until it happens.

It's perhaps more likely Westminster will eventually agree to the implementation of safe standing, but it will be the football authorities and more importantly the police and H&S who will insist on no more than a 1:1 ratio... One seat out, one standing in
Ergo... BMD built to 52,000 seats will likely remain at 52,000 irrespective of how many seats are replaced by safe standing positions.

Correct, so the main factors are:

It can't be expanded construction wise due to space constraints

No way UK gov will approve and facilitate 1:2 safe standing

The space dimensions on each row on the proposed safe standing areas are not suitable for 1:2 safe standing

The whole "it could be increased to 62000" claims need to be shot down. Not sure if that's got anything to do with the recently departed stadium director, but it needs to be addressed to prevent further frustrations.