New Everton Stadium Discussion

It would be safe wherever you put them. I imagine the benefit of having them lower down reduces the volume of people accessing the top of the stand.

Yes I agree it would be safe wherever you put them.

Thing is, where is it least safe to stand without rail seats? At the front of a large stand where it's shallower and just above ground level, or at the back of the same large stand, where it is steeper and you're way above ground level?

That South Stand is the home End, and so with or without rail seats, you will have lots of fans standing up in there for longer periods. So surely the rail seats should be situated at the back where it is least safe to stand?

Yes I agree it would be safe wherever you put them.

Thing is, where is it least safe to stand without rail seats? At the front of a large stand where it's shallower and just above ground level, or at the back of the same large stand, where it is steeper and you're way above ground level?

That South Stand is the home End, and so with or without rail seats, you will have lots of fans standing up in there for longer periods. So surely the rail seats should be situated at the back where it is least safe to stand?
The objective should be to have enough of both options to suit everyone then. It's either all seats locked up or down in a block, you can't have a mix. Therefore 'in theory', people shouldn't be constantly standing in a seated area.

Its all about balance. The space is simply not available for the stadium to be 62,000 seated spectators, as the extra space that would be needed for seats will remove the capacity of the concourse. The concourse has been designed to handle 62,000 comfortably, but the space that this has required means that less 'seat' space can be provided. Maybe something will come out of this second stage of consultation, but would be interesting to see peoples thoughts on capacities with a choice of 55,000 seated at day one with capacity to increase to 58,000 with rail seating, or 52,000 at day one with capacity and facilities available to increase to 62,000 with rail seating. Don't quote me on numbers, they're hypothetical, but the point is, constraints of the site make it a very delicate balancing act.

There is space for over 60k seats. Dan Meis said so at the St Lukes consultations last year. I think the small end looks bloody daft the way it dips down.

They’ve updated the app again to show all views in both the day and the night, you can alternate between the two. Very impressive.

Excellent and thanks for the update. I love the North stand me, I like the way the upper tier dips with the glass background, I think that makes it quite unique (even if the view would be a sewage plant!)

That new exterior shot behind the massive home end is excellent, you can really see some great details. I think some folk will be surprised with how big/intimidating this is gonna look from the outside

Dying to see how the concourses look like. Hopefully lots of room for a pint in comfort before and after the match and hope it is geared up so you can have a Johnny Cash and a pint at half time. Money to be made here. There will be great facilities in the huge fan zone, too, I hope. I think that fan zone will be better than any in the land. Wonder what will happen to Terry's Timber?

Excellent and thanks for the update. I love the North stand me, I like the way the upper tier dips with the glass background, I think that makes it quite unique (even if the view would be a sewage plant!)

That new exterior shot behind the massive home end is excellent, you can really see some great details. I think some folk will be surprised with how big/intimidating this is gonna look from the outside

I thought the big window was a view back toward the waterfront and Liver buildings etc????