New Everton Stadium Discussion

Current modern stadiums will need the stand they want the safe standing in to be essentially scraped out and reconfigured to allow the required incline neeeded for safe standing, like the emirates will for example, but the lower glwadys was originally a terraced stand so may be able to just have the rail seating installed?

The current design dimensions at BMD show it to be extremely tight for essentially doubling the safe standing capacity, I think they're telling us we could increase it by ten thousand to get less objections from fans tbh.

View attachment 65114

Based on this it seems to me that this is how the club plan to increase capacity in future, which I think was @Taff 's question.

I'd be amazed if something like #3 is ever allowed in this country.

I read that Wolves' new rail seat section has modestly increased the capacity (basically because they've installed thinner seats). But you're only going to a few extra seats per row that way.

An extra 10k just from safe standing? Not sure I can see it. Seems the club has been a bit cagey on how expansion to that extent can happen.

I read that Wolves' new rail seat section has modestly increased the capacity (basically because they've installed thinner seats). But you're only going to a few extra seats per row that way.

An extra 10k just from safe standing? Not sure I can see it. Seems the club has been a bit cagey on how expansion to that extent can happen.

Everton, being cagey? Surely not.

I reckon most fans are pretty impressed with the proposed design, personally, I think it looks perfect. But thats a totally subjective opinion.

I think the line about safe standing enabling the capacity to be 10,000 more is probably doable, in an architects world, but whether the cost/return question is a positive one, I have my doubts.

Well I'll be damned if it isn't starting to seem like pie in the sky!

Them the ones at Ashton Gate?

If so, thats the point. They aint there now.
They are yes. They were installed short term so other league clubs could have a view to help form an opinion. They were also shown to some of the hillsborough families as a matter of courtesy before anyone else saw them (except me). I had reservations before I saw them but was quite impressed with the safety. Plenty of room for 1.5 people per space.

They are yes. They were installed short term so other league clubs could have a view to help form an opinion. They were also shown to some of the hillsborough families as a matter of courtesy before anyone else saw them (except me). I had reservations before I saw them but was quite impressed with the safety. Plenty of room for 1.5 people per space.

So not exactly a feat of engineering?