New Everton Stadium Discussion

How much extra would a roof cost us? 150m??

Just filling the dock in alone is going to cost £100mill, that's before we even start building the actual stadium, so an extra £50mill would get you a roof (If your estimate of a roof is right)

If we went to a brownfield site we could have possibly had a roof. In this case I think it's either have a stadium with a roof at a different site or a stadium with no roof on the banks of the royal blue Mersey.

I know which one I prefer.

I said it on here a couple of weeks ago and got pelters for it.About how I can do without all the trimmings of the Spurs gaff. Cheese shops and Beavertown on draught as long as it feels like a proper football stadium.A place made for football. All these new stadiums even though they look nice and are all geared towards so called "fan experience" but ultimately the fans experience starts when the whistle goes and not spending all sorts of dough on absolute rubbish.

Said it last night. If we complete this no one will come close in terms of originality,and we will break the mould of stadiums in this country like we did 125 years ago.
Not having this. The new stadium must have cheese.

And so it starts... this article is utter garbage....but it will likely be one of many over the course of the next year...

I thought it a decent article tbf. The writer is not having a pop at EFC, mentions the community things that they do but obviously understands that the main aim is regeneration. I even like his reference to EFC being able to ‘punch their weight’ and not the usual ‘punching above their weight’ condescension we normally get.....

The more I think about this stadium the more excited I get for the whole match day experience.
It will be some experience for away fans more than those who live in the City.
Hopefully they will all pass by or close by the Liver birds, Albert Dock and all those majestic buildings. Walking towards the new magnificent stadium and onto the concourse and into the ground.
A fantastic mix of old and new and hopefully they will all go away with fond memories, besides the result obviously.

Indeed, I’ve no idea how many season tickets they will offer up but I would bet that every single one sells immediately....

I'll bring you cheese mate.
A very special cheese just for you.
I'll start on it right away.

source.gif