New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't know the measurments of Everton's new stadium plans, but the Yellow Wall has an incline of 37 degrees, and is about 130 feet high, 170 feet deep and is 330 feet wide.
It ain't seating 25K, that's for sure.

But in the graphics Meis provided months ago, it's definitely closer to the pitch and looked ever so slightly steeper I think. Not by much. It's not as big of course.

And so it starts... this article is utter garbage....but it will likely be one of many over the course of the next year...

And so it starts... this article is utter garbage....but it will likely be one of many over the course of the next year...

Just read that. The journo sounds rather bitter to me, if you know what I mean.

2 things: 1. What is the obsession to add a couple more thousands seats. What tangible difference will it make and exactly where are they going to go without a serious redesign? Forget it.. not going to happen. The atmosphere of the stadium far outranks the size. Unless we’re talking upwards of 8000 more seats I don’t see it as being material.

2: this is more a question. I’m not from England. What does it entail? Surely they would have designed it knowing what is required and consulting with whoever is a decision maker? Is this about the community and local government approving it or a technical thing? If it’s government and technical I take it as done surely ..

There's only one club in world Jonathan Liew supports.

No chance it would have happened but wondered what the extra cost would have been to have a retractable roof to air con inside the ground - at some point in the future (5-10 years) we may well see PL games time switched to evenings to off set the skyrocketing heat temperatures in Europe which are only going to climb year over year.

that would be a deserving article had it not completely ignored the work intended to leave the legacy at Goodison. So all the guff he right about corporate greed that ignores the little people (no offence intended) is wholly undermined by that omission.

Wait until you see what the business model is. How much the prices (especially season ticket prices) are, what the mix of corporate to standard seating will be. None of that has been spelt out. It was a vague presentation in that respect.

Overall: it's the (recently stated) intention of the club to use the stadium as a springboard into the elite of the PL. I provided the quotes from the relevant people (Ryazantsev, DBB).

Fair point, but regardless of how much the ticket is, I will go, regardless of how many corporate there will be, I won't be with them, regardless of the recent quotes which back up your points of the senior figures hopes of the new Stadium elevating our Brand and improving revenues is their goal, all of which is plausible given the location, success on or off the pitch isn't guaranteed with any new build as it only depends on the team's results, but again regardless of how even the team does in BMD, I will be there, like many others, enjoying the improved view, facilities, atmosphere and hopefully football too...

Thought it was a relatively balanced if not a particularly well researched one in terms of what Moshiri has already brought to Liverpool, what plans Peel and Liverpool City council already have for the area. A prime piece of land just a few hundred yards from the Liver Buildings. Absolutely going to have companies falling over themselves to invest there. I bet people thought the same before the Albert dock or Liverpool Marina where taking from a wasteground to what they are now

Thought it was a relatively balanced if not a particularly well researched one in terms of what Moshiri has already brought to Liverpool, what plans Peel and Liverpool City council already have for the area. A prime piece of land just a few hundred yards from the Liver Buildings. Absolutely going to have companies falling over themselves to invest there. I bet people thought the same before the Albert dock or Liverpool Marina where taking from a wasteground to what they are now
the insinuation of corporate greed, citing Spuds' home building with no allowance for social/low cost housing is completely against what is proposed for L4. The quoted costs for L4 are £100m, if that is right, there isn't money to be made there, that is philanthropism. Money may be the goal at BMD but not at any cost (see over the park for what it could be like)

The complete dismissal of the fantastic work done at the Blue Base and by EITC in general exposes that article for exactly what it is.

Barely worth the time spent reading it

the insinuation of corporate greed, citing Spuds' home building with no allowance for social/low cost housing is completely against what is proposed for L4. The quoted costs for L4 are £100m, if that is right, there isn't money to be made there, that is philanthropism. Money may be the goal at BMD but not at any cost (see over the park for what it could be like)
That's the problem with Everton sometimes, not enough self proclamation about what we do and who we are, people out there still don't really get it. They think the peoples club is just a buzzword for us to try and say we have more local support, not realising just what an impact we have in the community. I wouldn't fret, time will show just how we go about things. Like i said in a previous post, the difference between us and Liverpool can be summed up in one sentence. Liverpool turf people out of their houses and then knock them down to make themselves money, whilst we spend money and build them for people in need, plus caring about peoples mental health, giving back to the community etc

I'd love Everton to win every Trophy there is, but if there ever had to be a choice between losing your soul and being like LFC or carrying on being just as we are, then i'm proud to be where we are and do what we do.

that would be a deserving article had it not completely ignored the work intended to leave the legacy at Goodison. So all the guff he right about corporate greed that ignores the little people (no offence intended) is wholly undermined by that omission.
I didn't read it as particularly negative - and it did include some complimentary comments on the legacy project at Goodison.
The final paragraph pays a great compliment to us by saying that "If Everton can't do it, nobody can".
He obviously isn't an Evertonian, but I find it interesting and instructive to hear Independent views.

Seems like the majority are over the moon with it, I count myself in that also, was blown away when I seen the plans yesterday.

Had a little walk down to L1 after work today to the Peoples project hut, if anyone gets the chance go and have a go of the VR experience! Amazing!