New Everton Stadium Discussion

I like the look of the new stadium, I don't think I'm as blown away as a lot of people and I don't think it's all that spectacular if I'm honest but I like it still. I think maybe I'm just shielding myself from further disappointment if it doesn't get built or takes another 10 years, maybe once I see building work start I'll enjoy the whole thing a bit more.

I like the look of the new stadium, I don't think I'm as blown away as a lot of people and I don't think it's all that spectacular if I'm honest but I like it still. I think maybe I'm just shielding myself from further disappointment if it doesn't get built or takes another 10 years, maybe once I see building work start I'll enjoy the whole thing a bit more.
I think the video doesn't do it justice. Looks like the old stadium intros on FIFA 98. The high Res images look much more impressive.

Picture of the new stadium in the Telegraph Sport today. By-line says:

Home with a view. Everton unveiled designs for their £500m, 52,000-capacity stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock. Featuring a steep 13,000-capacity home end, the new ground could be ready by 2023.

Does it match pics from the first consultation? Where the stands were side by side with other stadiums? Not bothered either way as it looks tremendous but just doesn't seem as steep and big as first thought.

If they do allow safe standing, won't it only be to a ratio of 1-1? The attendance will stay exactly the same at 52k
I think that is just a choice. Spurs new ground, for instance, has a section of 7500 that can be converted. They said they intend this to be 1-1 but that they could increase capacity by upto 2000 if they so chose.

Everton's designs/plans are such that they are specifically intended to increase capacity. I think I remember reading somewhere a while back that the optimum increase could be as high as 1.8-1

In all the talk of the new ground the plans for the redevelopment of the Goodision site seem to have got little airplay:

Looks like the development will be part of the funding model toward BM to me:

looks amazing, them tricky reds are making it all better by how amazingly bitter they are being about it

absolute morons, I've seen a lot of THEY CAN'T EVEN FILL WOODISON SO HOW THEY GONNA FILL THIS

Is he drawing a dog?

Someone sent it to him saying this is what you need mate, but he got the wrong end of the stick thinking it was the stadium designs when it was really just this in a wicker dish:

Screenshot_20190726-091706_Chrome.jpg

:)

Your positivity is freaking me out now mate.

Can't you say we will struggle to fill it playing Stoke in The Championship or something ?
We will struggle to finish in the top 10 if we don’t hurry up with our transfers. We’re wasting time on Zaha, knowing full well he’ll be going to Arsenal.

Hope that helps, mate!