New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think we all (relatively reasonable) people accept and embrace that we need a move and that a move will happen, but I'm just not blown away with the design given the build up Meis has given it and how much we've been looking forward to it. It's OK, but just that to me, I'm afraid.
Fair enough mate, and it wouldn't do for everyone to have the same opinion. I like the look of it though, and the bigger picture too.

You know that's not what I meant. You;re setting up a straw man.

I was asked about the exterior design. Sorry if I dont think it looks like an iconic stadium, that's a matter for debate with others too...as you can grasp if you read the thread.

My major point is that the designs wont be final and that the riverfront location will make just about any stadium one that we can all be proud of....PP and funding permitting.

Why do people tilt at windmills here? Just deal with someone's position, not the monster you're busily creating in your own head.

Location confirmed to me as spectacular and fitting.

Stadium design a weird hybrid of styles that doesn't work.

In a nutshell...
That's just my opinion mate. I respect others to hold theirs. I dont think I'm alone in seeing this as a bit bog-standard...especially for £600M.

With respect your creating your own monster.

One minute it's a mix of styles.
The next it's standard.

What is it Dave?

I love it.

Inside looks world class, it looks huge but “intimate” at the same time somehow. The stands look like they’re half falling onto the pitch - which is as close as it gets.

Externally it looks great. I’m not overly keen on the style of the roof but everything else is brilliant from the brick to the fan area.

My gut feeling is that the roof will look better when built - the close up images of it look nice but further away it looks like a steel sheet in the images.

The idea of walking up to that for a late game with the lights on is enough to keep me patient for a few more years.

Top class job from the club and Meis. We’re still undercooking the capacity in my opinion but if we end up with this stadium I’m NEA.

Now for the PP and finance.. the hard part.

Where on earth is the contradiction amongst those posts?

You just confirmed the tilting at windmills meataphor...AGAIN.

Well standard by its very definition refers to something regular or normal

A mixture of styles is polar opposite to something regular or normal

I love it.

Inside looks world class, it looks huge but “intimate” at the same time somehow. The stands look like they’re half falling onto the pitch - which is as close as it gets.

Externally it looks great. I’m not overly keen on the style of the roof but everything else is brilliant from the brick to the fan area.

My gut feeling is that the roof will look better when built - the close up images of it look nice but further away it looks like a steel sheet in the images.

The idea of walking up to that for a late game with the lights on is enough to keep me patient for a few more years.

Top class job from the club and Meis. We’re still undercooking the capacity in my opinion but if we end up with this stadium I’m NEA.

Now for the PP and finance.. the hard part.

Do not worry about finance

My next hope is that we offer much better food n beer to the fans, what is at goodison is just not good enough in this day.

We need to offer a wider food and beer range, especially if they want to keep us in and around the complex.

Yep, gotta get fans/families in early doors and take advantage of great catering opportunities.

Make it a place you want to go and have. A pint or 2 before the game at the ground instead of a pub and then waltz in 2 minutes before the game kicks off.

So many doors we've never had a chance to open so it's vitally important we make the most of it.