New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can understand theor relief that the designs are finally here. But no, I cant see what others see who like it. It looks like very little thought has gone into it for a while now. Even after consultation that should have impacted on those images we all saw ages ago.

Very little thought. Christ.

Leitch renders
Home end
Glass tunnel
Steep stands
Accessible disabled seating every stand
In keeping with area
Regeneration of goodison area
Space outside stadium for fan park

What other detail in the unveiling would you like to see? Toilets? Beer pump? Dyson hand dryers?

The fact I have not seen one criticism regarding the stadium except from yourself suggests they have got it very right. Us Evertonians have waited years for this and not one moan except one sole voice.

Seriously you must be a wind up.

Leitch renders
Home end
Glass tunnel
Steep stands
In keeping with area

What other detail in the unveiling would you like to see? Toilets? Beer pump? Dyson hand dryers?

The fact I have not seen one criticism regarding the stadium except from yourself suggests they have got it very right. Us Evertonians have waited years for this and not one moan except one sole voice.

Deffo need Dyson hand dryers.

The hand vertical ones, not the snide powerful ones.

I can understand theor relief that the designs are finally here. But no, I cant see what others see who like it. It looks like very little thought has gone into it for a while now. Even after consultation that should have impacted on those images we all saw ages ago.

Look at the detail, properly, even the exterior walls have the Leitch bracing incorporated,the finest detail has been woven into the fabric of this design.

That's because it's a retrospective name. :coffee: Meis only started tweeting #BlueWave during the US midterm elections, when it was a hashtag for Democrat voters. Loads of people on twitter thought he was talking about the stadium and that eventually lead him to adopt the nickname for the stadium project. He probably liked the symbolic alignment between his biggest project and his political views, but there's not much architecturally that's very wave like.

Anyway, stadium looks more or less as expected from the leaks a few months ago. Smart, very intimate, nice mixture of materials, looks like he's made a lot of the location, and that fan area looks enormous. Can't say I love the very heavy roof trussing, but apart from that I'd say good job. Will look spectacular at night I think.

Get it built! :pint2:

Wasn't a retrospective name at all. He was talking on the evening over his early designs, on which the wave shape of the roof was referenced. The design has altered slightly, as always happens, and buildability has meant that it become.slightly removed from the original sketches, but Iybwas clear from the early designs that the rod shape was initially modelled on the roll of a wave. The hashtag maybe a lucky find, the idea and focuw was most certainly not.

He also made a great point that BMD is firmly centred in the place it is. The very nature of the process and the need to maintain the heritage of the club has led it to that. Other, recently built stadiums, while they look good, could be absolutely anywhere in the world, any city for any club. The picture behind his atbthe point, was the spurs stadium. And you know what, he's 100% correct.

That's because it's a retrospective name. :coffee: Meis only started tweeting #BlueWave during the US midterm elections, when it was a hashtag for Democrat voters. Loads of people on twitter thought he was talking about the stadium and that eventually lead him to adopt the nickname for the stadium project. He probably liked the symbolic alignment between his biggest project and his political views, but there's not much architecturally that's very wave like.

Anyway, stadium looks more or less as expected from the leaks a few months ago. Smart, very intimate, nice mixture of materials, looks like he's made a lot of the location, and that fan area looks enormous. Can't say I love the very heavy roof trussing, but apart from that I'd say good job. Will look spectacular at night I think.

Get it built! :pint2:
Well you've done your reading!

I agree, the material mix is good to see, in-keeping with the docks but looking to the future. Will look stunning in its setting.

He also made a great point that BMD is firmly centred in the place it is. The very nature of the process and the need to maintain the heritage of the club has led it to that. Other, recently built stadiums, while they look good, could be absolutely anywhere in the world, any city for any club. The picture behind his atbthe point, was the spurs stadium. And you know what, he's 100% correct.

Absolutely.

Leitch renders
Home end
Glass tunnel
Steep stands
In keeping with area

You know that's not what I meant. You;re setting up a straw man.

I was asked about the exterior design. Sorry if I dont think it looks like an iconic stadium, that's a matter for debate with others too...as you can grasp if you read the thread.

My major point is that the designs wont be final and that the riverfront location will make just about any stadium one that we can all be proud of....PP and funding permitting.

Why do people tilt at windmills here? Just deal with someone's position, not the monster you're busily creating in your own head.