New Everton Stadium Discussion

I first went to Goodison in 1962 and have been going ever since. I love the old place like I loved my parents it's my heritage and I shall miss it more than I can say.

But I'm shedding tears of joy and excitement at that stadium. Can't wait to hear the roar......

Boss post mate, I genuinely mean that. If folk who have been going to Goodison for over 50 years can see how spectacular this looks and how fitting this is for Everton Football Club well that tells me they have got this absolutely spot on ;)

I fkin love that pic, like Close Encountrers of the 3rd Kind, something surreal and majestic and imposing about that pic.

It says Everton (even without the big Everton sign lol)
Thats all I ever wanted.

A stadium any one in footie can look at and say " Yep thats Everton's stadium"
On the banks of the river just makes it more spectacular.

Didn't think I was too keen on the bowl but looking at the picture on the bbc site I may have jumped to a conclusion too early. Looks great.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49109807

Nice to see this gathering pace with the media.

I thought this fly through different clip didn't look as spectacular as the last one. Portsmouth esq!

I am also puzzled one of the pics on the BBC shows the main stand as a triple stand but the fly through doesn't.

I see what they're trying to do by incorporating a warehouse design, but then they fuse futuristic with it...and it doesn't blend.

I'd like something with clear simple lines and rectangular. The Bordeaux stadium is aesthetically pleasing. It's simple but stunning for my money....

nouveau-stade-bordeaux-dusk.jpg
I love the look of that but as the home of Everton no chance.

I prefer the looks of ours, it 100% does look like it blends and fits in with a lot of the architecture around the waterfront IMO - there’s a big blend of modern and more traditional architecture and I think Meis has struck a perfect balance from the looks of it.

Personally i'm shocked and appalled Davek doesn't like it, its just something I never envisaged in my wildest of dreams.

Would love to see Davek’s BTEC in stadia design drafts of what he’d have done. Guaranteed it would be terrible, yet has the balls to lay into Meis and his team who have done a great job.

I just don't get those 'disappointed' with this (or the design). Its got to happen and it looks good to me. Whether it'll ever get to 62,000 I'm sceptical about. But we'll certainly fill it at 52,000.
I grew up within 1 mile of Goodison Park and it'll be a wrench.....but whats not to like about this 'project'. If it gets delivered it could be the start of a new era for our brilliant club.
If your entire brand is being professionally miserable, then the answer is clear

Nice to see this gathering pace with the media.

I thought this fly through different clip didn't look as spectacular as the last one. Portsmouth esq!

I am also puzzled one of the pics on the BBC shows the main stand as a triple stand but the fly through doesn't.

If you watch the Everton video one stand looks like a triple stand just because in the middle section it has a corporate seating (or it's the media section) but that doesn't run all the way along.