New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just thinking about this blue wave that Meis keeps referring too. I know people have said that it will be the shape of the roof etc.

I remember a while back he posted an article (which included the pic below) about Meis Architects designing the worlds first football stadium seating which is made from 100% recyclable plastic from the ocean ...

LEAD_Seachairs-1078x516.jpg

We're certainly a club of "firsts" and maybe this could be the reference to this "blue wave"?

Just thinking about this blue wave that Meis keeps referring too. I know people have said that it will be the shape of the roof etc.

I remember a while back he posted an article (which included the pic below) about Meis Architects designing the worlds first football stadium seating which is made from 100% recyclable plastic from the ocean ...

View attachment 63123

We're certainly a club of "firsts" and maybe this could be the reference to this "blue wave"?

PHWOAR LADS GET A LOOK AT THOSE SEATS WAHEEEEY

@Baines' left foot

Your going to rip these images to shreds when they come out, your minds already set on this.

A club that hasnt been relegated for over 60 years and now gets around 100m per year revenue from being in the top flight of english football, i would say we are a safe bet for investors.
A new ground creates more revenue, better sponsorship and kit deals may follow on the back of it.
If the Silva/Brands combo can get it right then the future is rosy..

We are the 20th richest football club in the world. If we can't get someone to loan us money for a stadium, it must mean the other thousands of teams around the world have absolutely no chance at all!

I think you've gone down a blind alley here. I never said there would be no disruption to the community around GP, I said it'd be less than if the club had gone to Kirkby and obliterated much of the radius around where the stadium was to be. You were the one who talked about preferring the option where no one was disrupted, but it was pointed out to you by me and others that it, in fact, would impact the people living a half mile away from BMD.

To your point about integrating a redevelopment with the immediate community: I have a feeling after the BMD fantasy goes west we'll be revisiting ideas like this again from 10 years ago.....

Feel dizzy watching that

I think you've gone down a blind alley here. I never said there would be no disruption to the community around GP, I said it'd be less than if the club had gone to Kirkby and obliterated much of the radius around where the stadium was to be. You were the one who talked about preferring the option where no one was disrupted, but it was pointed out to you by me and others that it, in fact, would impact the people living a half mile away from BMD.

To your point about integrating a redevelopment with the immediate community: I have a feeling after the BMD fantasy goes west we'll be revisiting ideas like this again from 10 years ago.....

Lots of houses and the school would need to be knocked down to make this happen, just to fit in the cranes alone. So you are advocating forcing people out of their homes and forcing kids to move from the school just so we can stay where we are? Wow unbelievable.

Lots of houses and the school would need to be knocked down to make this happen, just to fit in the cranes alone. So you are advocating forcing people out of their homes and forcing kids to move from the school just so we can stay where we are? Wow unbelievable.
IIRC the school stays and gable end houses plus a few more on Muriel St and Diana St are compulsory purchased.

As said, the club would have obliterated a large part of Kirky town centre and were, in fact, responsible anyway for old people's homes getting shut down and their residents relocated. There simply is no compariosn between Kirkby and the proposed GP redevelopment in terms of human impact....and there is simply no case to be made to suggest that a BMD stadium doesn't impact a community barely half a mile away. Unless you want a stadium in the middle of the coutryside, that is the reality of stadium builds. Dont like that reality? Dont ask for a new stadium in a city.

IIRC the school stays and gable end houses plus a few more on Muriel St and Diana St are compulsory purchased.

As said, the club would have obliterated a large part of Kirky town centre and were, in fact, responsible anyway for old people's homes getting shut down and their residents relocated. There simply is no compariosn between Kirkby and the proposed GP redevelopment in terms of human impact....and there is simply no case to be made to suggest that a BMD stadium doesn't impact a community barely half a mile away. Unless you want a stadium in the middle of the coutryside, that is the reality of stadium builds. Dont like that reality? Dont ask for a new stadium in a city.
lol two wrongs dont make a right you know. So you ARE in favour of forcing people from their homes. Good to know you care more about staying at Goodison then the people who live around there.

Its not reality at all, you really have no clue do you? How many people are being forced from their homes at BMD? How many school children will need to go to a different school? What construction impact will there be on residents in BMD? apart from a couple of businesses in the area, who will benefit from the new stadium, exactly ZERO. There will be very little impact to a community half a mile away then what you want to do in FORCING people from their homes because you dont care about them.

Think it’s also pretty safe to assume that tv deals are getting bigger and bigger so as long as we don’t go down our turnover should increase .

I agree, TV deals aren't going anywhere, look at the USA TV deals for sports... They've only gotten bigger and bigger over the years so it's pretty safe to say the PL will do exactly the same...

Safe to assume eh...I wonder.
Never seen a bubble that didn't burst eventually....we've had 20+ yrs of rising money, how many stock market crashes have there been?

If it does burst at least we are all going down with the ship together , everyone will suffer ... apart from the RS obviously