New Everton Stadium Discussion

Dan Meis said that BMD would be unlike any other Premier League stadium. Back tracking on that on Twitter. Club have stopped using the terms iconic & world class when talking about about stadium. This is gonna be Kirkby level stadium in an iconic setting!

Funny that all your posting history is negatives about the stadium, our barren trophy run and not having won at anfield in a good while :coffee:

Dan Meis said that BMD would be unlike any other Premier League stadium. Back tracking on that on Twitter. Club have stopped using the terms iconic & world class when talking about about stadium. This is gonna be Kirkby level stadium in an iconic setting!

I heard from above its gonna look like a big floppy phallus. Iconic indeed.

The daft thing about it is that the location means making it "iconic" send the price through the roof.

What is iconic anyway?

Stadiums become iconic through fame and success or through being design masterpieces.

Goodison is iconic as the old lady, it's famous for the matches it's seen.

Flip the coin and the san Siro is iconic for its design. As is the Allianz arena.

But there's loads of modern stadia that aren't iconic. For ours to be "iconic" it would have to be in that bracket of the Allianz etc and I just can't see it. Certainly not with the costs that we will incur at BMD.

Elsewhere and it night have been doable.

Really looking forward to this Thursday.
To be honest I’m a bit fed up with all the naysayers, made up comments and over zealous negative analysing.
I hope the stadium looks great, adds to the city and helps the club to get back into the big time.
I hope Macca’s still around to open it for us!

Really looking forward to this Thursday.
To be honest I’m a bit fed up with all the naysayers, made up comments and over zealous negative analysing.
I hope the stadium looks great, adds to the city and helps the club to get back into the big time.
I hope Macca’s still around to open it for us!

What’s happening Thursday mate ?