New Everton Stadium Discussion

Totally different situation and almost non comparable to us.

They are in London where the transport infrastructure is, largely, superb. They both have dedicated tube and railway stops within walking distance as well as a extensive bus service.

Here in Liverpool we have Merseyrail, who will refuse to put on bigger, extra trains and will still insist on a sunday service on sundays, we will have a soccerbus that runs only 2 hours before and 40 mins after the game and thats it.

You'd imagine the council will create a new bus route to the new ground but imagine the queue to get on the 3 busses they will provide to trundle there and back.
Bus routes are nothing to do with the council.

Yes they will. Clearly in the leaked docs from earlier in the year.

maybe, seems odd they would ask so many questions about transport to the new stadium and mention limited parking spaces in/around the stadium.

either way even if they did do something think the congestion around that area after match day would be horrid, would just get the train in myself

maybe, seems odd they would ask so many questions about transport to the new stadium and mention limited parking spaces in/around the stadium.

either way even if they did do something think the congestion around that area after match day would be horrid, would just get the train in myself

Yes, because the parking will be for VIP's and players only - literally about 1% of the stadiums capacity.

Totally different situation and almost non comparable to us.

They are in London where the transport infrastructure is, largely, superb. They both have dedicated tube and railway stops within walking distance as well as a extensive bus service.

Here in Liverpool we have Merseyrail, who will refuse to put on bigger, extra trains and will still insist on a sunday service on sundays, we will have a soccerbus that runs only 2 hours before and 40 mins after the game and thats it.

You'd imagine the council will create a new bus route to the new ground but imagine the queue to get on the 3 busses they will provide to trundle there and back.
the council or private company will put transport links in, its not just a stadium being built, hotels shopping etc

Anyone designing anything in an urbanized area with the car as their primary means of access in 2019 is a fool, anyhow. Especially something that you're imagining will be there for a century. Surely the city will be wanting to mitigate the potential for gridlock every matchday.

Usmanov might purchase Nelson's Dock yet, parking, hotels, boozers, club shop, sorted......

TBH I thought that was the reason they bought us. Build the stadium and make a fortune off real estate developments on the rest of the land.

And somewhere to park his super yacht.

Odds on he'll be a guest at our first game there as a "guest" of Moshiri.