New Everton Stadium Discussion

Lots of cryarsing when we are at last only a couple of weeks out from seeing actual designs of the stadium. That should be more than enough to show the club are moving forward. There are no guarantees in life but as things stand there isn't an insurmountable object in our way. If there was we wouldn't have gotten to this point.

It is a big issue to be fair. If he said we were gonna spew off 25000 jobs just to keep WHS and leave the north end of the docks to rot for another 50 years I doubt that would go down well.
25,000 - a figure plucked from the air.

The feller's a clown.

25,000 - a figure plucked from the air.

The feller's a clown.

Regardless of the figure, you know it would be a substantial amount of people, especially important for the north end. So weather its 5000 or 25000 his point remains the same and valid, it would be ridiculous to sacrifice that for a status that contributes nothing to the city.

Lots of cryarsing when we are at last only a couple of weeks out from seeing actual designs of the stadium. That should be more than enough to show the club are moving forward. There are no guarantees in life but as things stand there isn't an insurmountable object in our way. If there was we wouldn't have gotten to this point.
Dont be silly mate, doesnt fit with some peoples agendas against our chairman or owner, blinkered vision and hatred and no matter what they do it will never be good enough.

I for one am fairly optimistic about this, we will see in a few weeks what happens and take it from there. It is encouraging that it has been said the development is more important than WHS, i think that is the right response.

haha i would click the link but im worried it will take me to the article and not something NSFW
I did: Gist; For some reason WHS carry a lot of clout, but actually don't put a penny in the pot, yet people brick it when they tut tut at them. The main response was...where were they when all the docks were abandoned cesspits - nowhere. 'Kem right off and just build it

Then why did you bring the financial crisis into the discussion?

We were averaging attendances of 33k in 2012 and I even remember some attendances going into the 29k+. Fans will give up if we’re to suffer another stadium collapse. They have to keep spinning the lie to avoid a massive loss of fans.

How many years has this project been kicked back by already?
Because the financial crisis was one of the reasons the attendances dropped
People hadn't got the money to go to the game in the usual numbers.
Nothing to do with stadiums or promises or anything else