New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've no idea how wanting others to read a blog that deals with the major issues facing EFC off the pitch makes me funny.

You said: "His questioning of the calibre and decision making of the hierarchy at Everton should be applauded because, after all, they are a complete set of spanners," and it made laugh very much.

Albert Dock, Liver Buildings, Museums, 2 Football teams, Music, Nightlife, Hen Do's, Stag Do's and so on.

Ive got a couple of great friends from Coventry who absolutely love it here and come up at least 4 times a year because it's such a good weekend.

Most importantly, the vast majority of people who live in Liverpool are very welcoming people and leave a positive reflection of the city to people outside our bubble of glory

Ok bs aside. The city and its environs contains some of the nicest people one could meet. This from almost 40 years of travelling by ship and plane.

Equally my birthplace which is Dublin has loads of wonderful people. Of course there are the scallies.

I now live in Kilkenny for almost 30 years. Again , lovely people but don't try and talk about hurling or they will eat you!!

The Esk seems to give the impression that World Heritage Status is optional and can be decided by the Council and Peel. Obviously, it is not. The government is under legal obligations to identify, protect, preserve all of its sites granted World Heritage Status. It really doesn't matter what Peel and The Council think or want. All planning applications for the area have to be agreed by Historic England, and if it doesn't agree, which it wouldn't if UNESCO had reservations, it advises the Secretary Of State for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport who will use his powers to call in the application and set up a public inquiry.

I have wondered whether UNESCO were concerned when they saw that image of the stadium as a bowl on the docks, lit up in blue, with Everton down the side. That would probably not be suitable, in their view. What would they prefer? I don't know. (Perhaps, a rectangular building as the facade and a brick or stone style finish vaguely reminiscent of a warehouse? It would fit in but not be very inspiring, but the interior could be quite different.)

It was fine, stop being a big old meanie whose just being mean

I don't think it said that much or covered much new ground, but it was a perfectly cromulent bit of writing
It'll be called "The Domestos Dome" and you'll gosh darn like it!!

SparklingGlumBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif