New Everton Stadium Discussion

and in a few years you'll be walking up the dock road ;)
I believe we will be kev,theres an end game to all this,do I think it will be world class? No but I think it will be a very good stadium,far too much negativity about it,nobody except those at the heart of it know about funding,design,transport,so ill sit back relaxed and wait

So Inter and AC new stadium has an estimate of £625m ...

But we're going to build a 'world class' waterfront stadium for £7.38 .... hmmm
Indeed it was an eventful day in Milan.
Morning...Inter & AC reveal plans to demolish the San Siro.
Midday..The Mayor waves and advises them its not owned by them.
Afternoon..its announced that Milan is Winter Olympics location in 2926.

Stadium stays till at least 2026

Birmingham's commonwealth stadium looks like it has had a few bits chopped from it, probably for budget reasons. Remember the interesting roof with all the countries flags? Gone.

If you submit a bid for something like this, that is how it should look else everyone is going to sex it right up and then just say a few years later well can't afford that.

Not that it was a bad thing that Birmingham lied and won the bid this time...I just mean going forward.

They didn't lie. Literally everyone involved - all the voters, other bidders etc - understand that renders of new/renovated venues during a bid stage are purely illustrative, it's been that way for decades for these multi-sport events. Nobody ever says "that's not the same as the picture you showed us!". Everyone involved knows the score.

The alternatives would be to make cities draw up detailed, finished plans for stadiums they might not build if they don't win the hosting rights (with all the expense that goes with that), or not to have any renders at all - neither of which would be much good. Best way is for cities to make sure a venue can be expanded or built, and show an illustrative render to the people who you need to buy into your vision. It's more than likely Everton are doing the same when getting stakeholders on board for BMD.

Indeed it was an eventful day in Milan.
Morning...Inter & AC reveal plans to demolish the San Siro.
Midday..The Mayor waves and advises them its not owned by them.
Afternoon..its announced that Milan is Winter Olympics location in 2926

Stadium stays till at least 2026
Is Dan Meis doing the designs?
Might be ready...