New Everton Stadium Discussion

You would think with the drawn-out process being undertaken to get it to planning, that somebody at the club wanted it to go tits up! Why spend money on Goodison if we are really intent on leaving. I know the disabled access had to be addressed but the external appearance and now spending a [Poor language removed] load on the lounges. Are we being let down gently?

Because we'll probably still be there for the next 10 years.

People complain about the progress in this project. In 2008 Spurs announced the first plans to stay in the white hart lane area the initial capacity was to be 52,000, it took 11 years from the initial announcement to the ground being open, many years wasted due to problems with the planning applications numerous dealings with English Heritage, blues are going to have to be patient.

As for the accessibility there is definite scope for a Merseyrail extension which I think was in the pipelines before BMD was even mentioned? Also I don’t know any ITK information but with working in Sheffield there may be potential for a shared light rail (tram)/ road vehicle dock road from the city centre to BMD, depending how busy the road is with HGV’s these days. I just think these things are more likely to be considered once we have the the stamp from planning.

People complain about the progress in this project. In 2008 Spurs announced the first plans to stay in the white hart lane area the initial capacity was to be 52,000, it took 11 years from the initial announcement to the ground being open, many years wasted due to problems with the planning applications numerous dealings with English Heritage, blues are going to have to be patient.

As for the accessibility there is definite scope for a Merseyrail extension which I think was in the pipelines before BMD was even mentioned? Also I don’t know any ITK information but with working in Sheffield there may be potential for a shared light rail (tram)/ road vehicle dock road from the city centre to BMD, depending how busy the road is with HGV’s these days. I just think these things are more likely to be considered once we have the the stamp from planning.

23 years it's been since Peter Johnson unveiled his plans to move Everton to a new stadium.

23 years it's been since Peter Johnson unveiled his plans to move Everton to a new stadium.

Spurs had various new stadium proposals before this, it took 11 years from being announced to deliver The Northumberland Development Project Stadium, that’s 11 years from being announced to playing in the ground that was announced

Spurs had various new stadium proposals before this, it took 11 years from being announced to deliver The Northumberland Development Project Stadium, that’s 11 years from being announced to playing in the ground that was announced

They did in that time go for the Olympic stadium, so they wasted a few years before going back to the original plan.

John Moores looked at moving in the 60s to were the Merseyside police headquarters were built,I have seen Aintree racecourse,Kirkby golf course,Cronton,Kirkby townie,WHP,Kings dock,Bramley and yet Im still walking up Walton lane every match day