New Everton Stadium Discussion

The orange wave

Why would it being smaller mean the seats will be closer to the touchline? The extra seats/space are going to be at the back, not the front. Surely that's more to do with design than capacity?

From the documents that were circulated during the consultation it compared the stands to the current Goodison and I think 4 other top flight stadiums and the front row of the new stadium is just as close as the front row on the current Goodison Park and closer than all the others. I think it is mainly down to the design our design is quite steep compared to the other stadiums, to keep the people cose to the pitch. Based on the documents that were leaked when it was going to be 60,000 the big home end was going to hold 16,976, not sure what it will be now that the capacity will be 52,000, possibly 14,976

From the documents that were circulated during the consultation it compared the stands to the current Goodison and I think 4 other top flight stadiums and the front row of the new stadium is just as close as the front row on the current Goodison Park and closer than all the others. I think it is mainly down to the design our design is quite steep compared to the other stadiums, to keep the people cose to the pitch. Based on the documents that were leaked when it was going to be 60,000 the big home end was going to hold 16,976, not sure what it will be now that the capacity will be 52,000, possibly 14,976

Thats only a thousand or so more than Gwladys St. As many have said, the proposed stadium is not big enough.