New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm guessing that NWHL doesn't have any white lettering saying anything about the club because when we get a stadium sponsor the letters of the sponsors name will then be used (and IMO spoil the look.) I also think the club was clever in that if they had put THFC lettering inside, the supporters would then have got the hump with them being removed for the sponsors name.

Spoke to lads at the game and the general agreement is that their big home end isn't intimidating at all.

Need to get ours right.
Spoke to lads at the game and the general agreement is that their big home end isn't intimidating at all.

Need to get ours right.
Isn't ours going to be smaller though? Seem to recall reading somewhere that our home end is planned for a capacity several thousand lower than WHL.

I went yesterday and was it just me or did they have some sort of crowd recording of drums and cheering pumped through the speakers.

It's a beautiful stadium but it's a soulless bowl. As an away fan, you want to be intimidated and boxed in by the crowd. It feels too airy and shiny.

I went yesterday and was it just me or did they have some sort of crowd recording of drums and cheering pumped through the speakers.

It's a beautiful stadium but it's a soulless bowl. As an away fan, you want to be intimidated and boxed in by the crowd. It feels too airy and shiny.

It is the size. The Spurs stadium is the best you are going to get for a new build based on the current regs. The proposed 52k would give us the opportunity to build a more intimate stadium

Do you really think that Spurs play crowd noises through speakers? If you do then fair enough?

A 62,000 new stadium obviously feels "Airy and shiny" cos it's big and new.
Luckily for you personally it seems like you will be getting a new stadium that's 10,000 smaller (not that many seem to agree with you on here) and cos its smaller the touchlines will hopefully mean that the seats will be even nearer, making it a lot more intimidating.
I hope they announce something more definite soon ;).

EDIT; Sorry Jonnyboy (above,) you wrote almost exactly the same thing and i hadn't noticed (or by the time I came back to finish this writing this message you had posted your thoughts :cheers:?)

Last edited:

I wonder if that is the roof effect? It's very high, maybe if they had a more 'traditional' roof it would feel more intimate?

Luckily for you personally it seems like you will be getting a new stadium that's 10,000 smaller (not that many seem to agree with you on here) and cos its smaller the touchlines will hopefully mean that the seats will be even nearer, making it a lot more intimidating.
Why would it being smaller mean the seats will be closer to the touchline? The extra seats/space are going to be at the back, not the front. Surely that's more to do with design than capacity?

I wonder if that is the roof effect? It's very high, maybe if they had a more 'traditional' roof it would feel more intimate?

This is what i've been trying to point out, a low flat, squared roof would look so much better.

And no curviture - you're just adding yourself to the endless list of emirates type stadia.

Spurs new stadium looks absolutely fantastic. Remember the Everton game was basically a dead rubber so because nothing to much at stake the atmosphere was probably not as good as should be. If ours is just a slightly smaller version of that I would be happy