New Everton Stadium Discussion

Think ticket prices for the rank and file will go up whatever the final capacity. To different degrees sure. But if we get it built, im fully expecting a hike in ST price.
Undoubtedly ticket prices will increase, but the rises with a 52k capacity stadium are likely to be greater than if they built to 60k.

Undoubtedly ticket prices will increase, but the rises with a 52k capacity stadium are likely to be greater than if they built to 60k.
Andy, I respectfully ask you again, who do you put your faith in, a blogger(albeit somebody you know personally) or a multi billionaire, renowned accountant who has invested heavily in the club?

A number of features that are not conducive to atmosphere:

- too many breaks in the section behind the goal for entrances and gangways
- the end is only especially big for the middle few sections
- too many tiers.

I liked the stadium today. It is quite easy on the eye and obviously 60k people make quite a lot of noise. But it did not feel particularly intimidating. I was also surprised there was no white seats to read the name Spurs or THFC or whatever in white to contrast with the blue in the home end. That said any potential player being taken around is going to be impressed. It also felt odd having the home fans so close just behind the away fans.
I nearly had to pay £10 to go to the bag drop because my bag was initially deemed to big!! I argued a bit and the steward changed her mind and let me in. So watch out for that in the future. It is a pretty good stadium and I look forward to the day we have an Everton version of one like it.

I liked the stadium today. It is quite easy on the eye and obviously 60k people make quite a lot of noise. But it did not feel particularly intimidating. I was also surprised there was no white seats to read the name Spurs or THFC or whatever in white to contrast with the blue in the home end. That said any potential player being taken around is going to be impressed. It also felt odd having the home fans so close just behind the away fans.
I nearly had to pay £10 to go to the bag drop because my bag was initially deemed to big!! I argued a bit and the steward changed her mind and let me in. So watch out for that in the future. It is a pretty good stadium and I look forward to the day we have an Everton version of one like it.
Very impressive and atmospheric I thought mate, trust you to cause trouble allez;)lol

Shame that if our stadium is 52k, 10k less than Spurs, our home end won’t be anywhere near a season big.

I wish people would be this honest about this in admitting that it's not about "ambition" or club competitiveness. It's all about being able to say "yeah but our home end is bigger than yours".

At the end of the day, that end will have Spurs fans in it and ours will have Evertonians. Give us a season like the one Spurs are having on the pitch and see which one is the more intimidating, if we're into the stadium comparison contest (which no one should be).