New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Esk via Toffeeweb (theres more before and after this, but this caught my eye)

I am aware the club engaged professional consultants to offer their considered views on likely demand and therefore capacity. However, I’m yet to meet or hear from an Evertonian who was asked questions such as “how likely are you to buy hospitality/season tickets/tickets for Bramley-Moore?” and questions relating to pricing points/availability of walk up tickets etc which surely have a huge impact on demand?

The proposed capacity not only means that not all current Evertonians will be able to attend matches, it means our opportunity to grow our match-going fan base and the associated commercial benefits are restricted, and likely to be restricted for many years.

It also flies in the face of the club’s proud commitment to “affordability”. I have consulted privately, at my own expense, with industry experts who confirm my assertion that the combination of the proposed capacity and a funding model which relies significantly on debt is not sustainable without significant increases in ticket prices.

One of the most surprising aspects of Spurs’ new stadium is how little comment there has been on the price increases between the old White Hart Lane stadium and the new? There has been an effective gentrification of their fan base. That would not be consistent with the objectives and principles associated with Everton & Bramley-Moore stadium. If that’s not to happen how do we square a smaller capacity, a predominantly debt funded stadium and affordability with the requirement to generate more income.

Just sayin like.

This attention seeker needs to be cancelled.

The Esk via Toffeeweb (theres more before and after this, but this caught my eye)

I have consulted privately, at my own expense, with industry experts who confirm my assertion that the combination of the proposed capacity and a funding model which relies significantly on debt is not sustainable without significant increases in ticket prices.

One of the most surprising aspects of Spurs’ new stadium is how little comment there has been on the price increases between the old White Hart Lane stadium and the new? There has been an effective gentrification of their fan base. That would not be consistent with the objectives and principles associated with Everton & Bramley-Moore stadium. If that’s not to happen how do we square a smaller capacity, a predominantly debt funded stadium and affordability with the requirement to generate more income.

Just sayin like.

tenor.gif

What a numpty this guy is... our income per season is what 170million? our season ticket sales account for maybe 10million...its a tiny fraction of our income, and we are more likely can earn more with better commercial deals than we would ever get from season ticket sales... what a numpty

Not sure the Esk needed to consult industry experts at his own expense to work out that ticket costs will go up if we build a brand new £500m stadium.

Speaking of £500m, news yesterday that Chelsea are exploring ways to make £500m of savings (!!!) on Roman's Colosseum...

I mean, our new stadium wasn't cheap obviously, but I can't imagine what the planned budget for that thing was reaching that they're seriously looking at how to spend £500m less than they were going to. :eek:

I guess that also gives an indication of how much Abramovich was willing to put in of his own money. Now he's in Israel and lost interest, they're having to spend within their means.

So yeah....your stadium news yesterday was better than theirs. lol Look forward to seeing what Meis has come up with. ;)

Speaking of £500m, news yesterday that Chelsea are exploring ways to make £500m of savings (!!!) on Roman's Colosseum...

I mean, our new stadium wasn't cheap obviously, but I can't imagine what the planned budget for that thing was reaching that they're seriously looking at how to spend £500m less than they were going to. :eek:

I guess that also gives an indication of how much Abramovich was willing to put in of his own money. Now he's in Israel and lost interest, they're having to spend within their means.

So yeah....your stadium news yesterday was better than theirs. lol Look forward to seeing what Meis has come up with. ;)

I’m looking forward to the fume in here no matter what he’s come up with.

If its all going to be done on debt, how will it be paid off, given a smallish capacity and a reluctance to massively increase tickets.
2 options come to mind.
Sell it on smartish, aka, not my problem any more?
The never ending sky tv money?
More to the point, who will be responsible for this debt?
The present owner
Any new owner.
Or The Club
Are the Club and the Owner financially the same or, via some sort of jiggery pokery, separate.

Asking for a friend

If its all going to be done on debt, how will it be paid off, given a smallish capacity and a reluctance to massively increase tickets.
2 options come to mind.
Sell it on smartish, aka, not my problem any more?
The never ending sky tv money?
More to the point, who will be responsible for this debt?
The present owner
Any new owner.
Or The Club
Are the Club and the Owner financially the same or, via some sort of jiggery pokery, separate.

Asking for a friend

The club will pay it off like any other mortgage. If they can finance it for less than 30 million a year and for arguments sake from naming rights and increased income we get 35 million a year from having a new stadium, then it is not costing us a bean.

Who is this Azul lad (sorry if I missed it) and what forum was this presentation made at? All seems very specific. And we are now down to sub 52,000?

A lad that used to post on here, had some very good sources by all accounts but was a bit of a joker so loads never took him seriously.

It concerns me a great deal if he's reporting that as he's passed on bits before that have been spot on.

Who is this Azul lad (sorry if I missed it) and what forum was this presentation made at? All seems very specific. And we are now down to sub 52,000?

He's well connected to the Goodison heirarchy, very well sourced.

Unusual for him to post the info himself, he usually passes his info onto The Esk.

As far as his info goes he's right up there with Finn Fan, another of the well respected ITKs on here.