New Everton Stadium Discussion

In only about 10 days until some of you will be rocking down to our new stadium for the first time so a tip or two for you.

1) At the old Spurs stadium you used to enter the stadium in the SOUTH EAST corner, now you enter in the NORTH EAST corner and unlike before, you are all now on the lower tier only.

2) I spoke to a couple of Huddersfield supporters after one home game, their major gripe was that there wasn't a lot of room on the concourse but they didn't know or see that there is an extra area/balcony upstairs for visiting fans to use.

3) The sausage rolls are very nice (not particularly cheap at £3.50 but much better than the pies IMO) but more importantly the Beavertown Neck Oil is a lovely beer for a fiver (and a pint of Amstel only four quid.)

4) INSIDE THE STADIUM IT IS 100% CASHLESS.

5) No street car parking anywhere near the stadium and the cheapest car parking I have seen nearby is a costly £20.

6) Totnam have newly employed 100's of local people and they all seem to be VERY new to this "Customer Service" work that they now have (that seemed nicer than writing "Nice but Dim.")

7) If you wonder why there is always someone walking around with a mop and bucket, push up the disc at the bottom of your pint glass lol.

8) Expect quite a long wait if you use the two local stations after the game.

I look forward to your good or bad honest thoughts about the place.

In only about 10 days until some of you will be rocking down to our new stadium for the first time so a tip or two for you.

1) At the old Spurs stadium you used to enter the stadium in the SOUTH EAST corner, now you enter in the NORTH EAST corner and unlike before, you are all now on the lower tier only.

2) I spoke to a couple of Huddersfield supporters after one home game, their major gripe was that there wasn't a lot of room on the concourse but they didn't know or see that there is an extra area/balcony upstairs for visiting fans to use.

3) The sausage rolls are very nice (not particularly cheap at £3.50 but much better than the pies IMO) but more importantly the Beavertown Neck Oil is a lovely beer for a fiver (and a pint of Amstel only four quid.)

5) No street car parking anywhere near the stadium and the cheapest car parking I have seen nearby is a costly £20.

6) Totnam have newly employed 100's of local people and they all seem to be VERY new to this "Customer Service" work that they now have (that seemed nicer than writing "Nice but Dim.")

7) If you wonder why there is always someone walking around with a mop and bucket, push up the disc at the bottom of your pint glass lol.

Does me no good unfortunately but thanks for posting, I'm sure quite a few will find it useful.

I was puzzled about how those pints that filled up from the bottom worked. Now I know. They just have leaky bottoms. No great scientific breakthrough after all.

I was puzzled about how those pints that filled up from the bottom worked. Now I know. They just have leaky bottoms. No great scientific breakthrough after all.

100s of times I have had arguments at the till about the amount of foam in a pint. But what they give us sometimes is blasphemous because they almost pour from a mile above the cup. If I paid for a pint, then I need a pint. I find this bottom filled cups better because they stop with the beer at almost a pint and then add the foam towards the end.

I think they are ok, it's just the temptation of pushing the valve up is way too much. Perhaps when the novelty wears off things will stay drier.

This is how it works

100s of times I have had arguments at the till about the amount of foam in a pint. But what they give us sometimes is blasphemous because they almost pour from a mile above the cup. If I paid for a pint, then I need a pint. I find this bottom filled cups better because they stop with the beer at almost a pint and then add the foam towards the end.

Inexperienced bar people mate, i have seen that myself as i work there! The beer taps are a nightmare tbh, all automatic! No hand control or anyway of topping up a pint.

If we win it will be a master piece, if not...a dump and what a waste of money

If we win it will be a master piece, if not...a dump and what a waste of money

So true lol.
If we only need one point for a C/L spot that will do me, if we have already got there then hopefully with a C/L final being the next game (which I'm very doubtful we will make,) to protect the players I wouldn't care if we played our reserves and lost.