New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm not saying it's unmanageable though, i'm saying people won't do it. Not all people obviously, but many of those on the waiting list would not make Everton enough of a priority to be bothered about paying £600 a year to watch. They sign up with good intentions, but when it comes to it they wouldn't actually take up the offer. In our first year at BMD we could probably get 70,000 regularly, but my honest opinion is that we don't have the sort of fanbase - either in terms of numbers or disposable income - to regularly achieve 60,000 after that initial excitement dies down. That may change if we're successful, and i'm not saying the whole idea of a higher capacity is flawed, just that using the waiting list as evidence is.

If BMD has a concourse like Spurs, including lower prices for ale and plenty of options + extended opening / closing times, it will get more through the door.

It'll attract more people to go for the day out alone.

As an overseas fan, I find it incredibly frustrating trying to get tickets. A larger stadium (60k) will surely help and I am certain there are many others with the same viewpoint.

It's easy with Stubhub mate.

There's hundreds every game around face value, often below except the Derby.

Have we worked out which user Dan meis is? He absolutely reads this forum.

So Dan, micro brewery please lots of bars in the stadium. As close to 60 k as possible please

If BMD has a concourse like Spurs, including lower prices for ale and plenty of options + extended opening / closing times, it will get more through the door.

It'll attract more people to go for the day out alone.
I saw my first rugby match at Twickenham, atmosphere was amazing before the game, after the match live bands played under the stands food and beer stalls were heaving, two hours later walked to the station and the queues had gone, and no trouble

I saw my first rugby match at Twickenham, atmosphere was amazing before the game, after the match live bands played under the stands food and beer stalls were heaving, two hours later walked to the station and the queues had gone, and no trouble

Yes mate, I go Twickenham every now and then and love it, standing outside the stadium it's like a festival.

Id be happy with a ground with an larger initial capacity than that of the pit. But designed in a way that It could easily be expanded. Easier said than done I guess.

I can understand people's frustrations with the time it's taking. But im afraid large projects like this take a lot of time. I work in planning and believe me, far smaller projects can take up just as long.

Sunderland: 22,500 - 49,000
Increase: 26,500

Tottenham: 36,284 - 62,062
Increase: 25,778

West Ham: 35,016 - 60,000
Increase: 24,984

Arsenal: 38,419 - 60,260
Increase: 21,841

Manchester City: 35,150 - 55,017*
Increase: 19,867*

Everton: 39,572 - 52,000*
Increase: 12,428*

That puts our sham capacity into some sort of perspective. Why such a low capacity increase? A potential 12,428 capacity increase is pathetic. Small time thinking from a small time board.

City have thousands of empty seats every game, even in CL knock out games.

Similar for Sunderland. In the PL they were practically giving away some tickets to meet the 90% target.

West Ham have ridiculously cheap tickets (not a bad thing at all) especially for London. They can afford it because of the deal they got on the stadium. But would it make economic sense for us to do the same?

Even arsenal frequently don't sell out these days.

Spurs, always going to sell out initially and the £4 pints (basically free for londoners) etc will reduce the total cost of the day but let's see if it lasts.

I mean why not build a 100,000 capacity stadium?

personally think if we kept the prices low, kept it at the 95 quid for under 5's etc wed fill a larger stadium than 52.

there'll be a larger away allocation and what youd assume as more intrest from fans to fill it

Sunderland: 22,500 - 49,000
Increase: 26,500

Tottenham: 36,284 - 62,062
Increase: 25,778

West Ham: 35,016 - 60,000
Increase: 24,984

Arsenal: 38,419 - 60,260
Increase: 21,841

Manchester City: 35,150 - 55,017*
Increase: 19,867*

Everton: 39,572 - 52,000*
Increase: 12,428*

That puts our sham capacity into some sort of perspective. Why such a low capacity increase? A potential 12,428 capacity increase is pathetic. Small time thinking from a small time board.
What would those clubs average attendance be?

This is the problem the club have, prices rises wont work because we dont get tourist fans, and even a new ground i dont think is going to attract them. Just because we wont have pillars dosent mean Everton fans will suddenly have an extra tenner to spend

I think we will get tourist fans especially in the new location.

Town is now flooded with them, even on week days, it’s like a different world to how it used to be down there.

As the city continues to grow, the cruise ships start arriving, I can see the tourist trade becoming massive here, it sort of is already.

I’ve also seen loads of tourists in Goodison lately. Against Chelsea there was literally 30 Thai people around me taking photos etc.

With the stadium’s new location, better facilities making the match day experience a day out not just a trip to watch the game like I view it, I could definitely see us getting a massive amount of tourists visiting in the future.

I mean why not build a 100,000 capacity stadium?

Because you are just being plain silly there and you know it! :) It's like me saying for some Europa and League cup matches the ground isn't full so why don't we build a 25k stadium instead. Makes sure it will be full and everyone will be as close to the pitch as possible, cheaper to build too!

It is a mixture of cost to build and the expected demand. We are still one of the best supported clubs in the country and we consistently sell out a stadium that has 7 or so thousand seats with restricted views. If corporate is 4k of this increase it is not going to meet that demand and once built it will be too late to do anything about it.

personally think if we kept the prices low, kept it at the 95 quid for under 5's etc wed fill a larger stadium than 52.

there'll be a larger away allocation and what youd assume as more intrest from fans to fill it

Why would there be a larger away allocation?

Unless I'm missing something, you're only obliged to offer a maximum of 3,000 away tickets, regardless of the size of the ground for league games

I expected them to come out and say 52K was due to land space, but they haven't.

I expected at least 57,000. If they believe we will sell out 52K, a few thousand empty seats wouldn't be noticeable in the smaller games - our high season ticket allocation will fill the best seats easily.

Quite disappointed they've been saying we will get an extra 10k with safe standing - when there's no way 1:3 raito will be allowed in the UK. It's made me quite sceptical now on what they say from now on.