New Everton Stadium Discussion

Enjoying a pint in the bar at the Photography museum in Stockholm with a fantastic view of the (and from the) waterfront. Hope there is somewhere similar for a pre match pint at BMD.

Attachments

• 5780BCD1-097F-4CA6-A82B-8402D665C4F3.jpeg
    5780BCD1-097F-4CA6-A82B-8402D665C4F3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • 4D6BDBC5-31F1-49D7-8342-E67F9197E31E.jpeg
    4D6BDBC5-31F1-49D7-8342-E67F9197E31E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 91

I can understand why some want a high capacity, but I don't think it's the only thing that makes a great stadium and a great atmosphere. We are having to work
Within the site we have, it's a great site, but it's not massive plus there is only one way in and out via the Dock road. Also I can understand why the club would rather have a 52K stadium where adult season ticket holders are paying between £400 and £600 than risk a 62k stadium where they are doing adult season tickets for £300 like West Ham and kids season tickets for £99. I think we should focus on the facilities and utilisation on non match days, more than match day capacity

I can understand why some want a high capacity, but I don't think it's the only thing that makes a great stadium and a great atmosphere. We are having to work
Within the site we have, it's a great site, but it's not massive plus there is only one way in and out via the Dock road. Also I can understand why the club would rather have a 52K stadium where adult season ticket holders are paying between £400 and £600 than risk a 62k stadium where they are doing adult season tickets for £300 like West Ham and kids season tickets for £99. I think we should focus on the facilities and utilisation on non match days, more than match day capacity
People often cite that we could have a higher capacity filled with lower prices, but don't factor in that a larger capacity stadium cost significantly more money.

It's previously been mentioned on here that the difference in cost between the adding forty to fifty thousand and adding an extra ten-thousand plus seats...

... to make it to sixty would be disproportionately expensive. Filling those extra seats with cheaper tickets simply isn't a sensible business idea, at all.

Put simply, we need to have the demand to fill the stadium rather than hoping to fill it by lowering our prices. We also have to be able to afford the build costs.

West Ham being mentioned is irrelevant as they have a stadium which costs them a pittance (no extensive build cost etc.) so they can afford to. We can't.

West Ham made a huge mistake offering £200 circa season tickets, and being the small time club they are they went on general sale so all the local united fans and kopites snapped them up to use every now and then.

Spurs is a weird one really as they've built a single tier stand even though their fans and support is average at best.