New Everton Stadium Discussion

That has zero to do with sophistication. That was my point.

Passion is another thing. And you MAY be right, but you are comparing apples to oranges.

Look, high school football teams in several parts of the US routinely get 10K a games and many get considerably more. College football has several stadiums that fill with 100K each week and dozens of teams all over the country that average 40-50K routinely. Many of these teams are every bit embedded into the fabric of its locality. That's just one sport.

It's all subjective for sure.

As far as wealth, it's tough to find city income per
capita stats. London is behind several US cities from the lists I've seen, but most of that is GDP based. It's clearly a wealthy town, though. But as far as countries go, discretionary income is like 28K vs 44K per capita. Its not very close.

I think it's tough to argue that the DC area and its surrounding suburbs is the wealthiest area of the US. 5 out of the 10 richest counties in terms of media income per capita are around DC. I'm sure a case can be made for smaller communities in and around San Francisco and NYC - Connecticut probably, but those are smaller areas.
the big difference between MLB and premier league football is the amount and length of games. A regular MLB season has 162 games, post season could bring you in to the 180s. Nobody goes to all the home games, groups buy 1 season ticket to share, baseball is far more of a one off event for attendees, the average fan might go 2 or 3 times a season. They make a day of it as the games are longer.
Who ever is running the numbers for Everton is far more likely to be looking at Juventus or Atleti than the Nationals.

@Davideeyore, talking about a roof, how about this idea? QPR aren't going to spend £425m on a new stadium (surely?! lol), but this roof idea sounds genius/hilarious...

QPR are assessing their options to move into a new 45,000 capacity stadium

An option to build a 45,000 capacity stadium costing £425m is the most expensive option currently in the report. The stadium plans include a roof that could be lowered or raised. Sources close to the club believe the roof plans could include a hi-tech design enabling the pitch to be lifted up as the roof during indoor events. The solution - the first of its kind if built - would mean the pitch wouldn’t be affected by non-football events.

Yep, Meis said there's "no need or desire for a full roof in football". And it's hardly that surprising the club came to that conclusion on costs. It's exactly the same conclusion we came to:

NWHL is certainly a multi-use stadium (we've got permission for 16 non-football events a year at full capacity, many more at lower capacity), and we baulked at the cost of a full roof even with our budget. So unless Everton find a really good reason to have one, I can't see it being added.

Rains a lot in Liverpool and you get a nasty breeze coming off the Mersey - gotta be snug at the match.

Technically, with the thread being "New Stadium Discussion", i dont see how there can be a problem talking about the Spurs ground, if it was in the Bramley Moore thread, that would be different. Besides, not much is going on with ours, so its keeping the thread going while we still waiting for a skip and a spade

A new stadium thread in the Everton only part of the forum.

Anyway, i was a bit concerned about Meis but thank God it's not populous. Their stadiums look out of date after half a decade and lack character.

Please for the love of god don't have waves for stands.

Coincidental timing, announced yesterday Meis has lost the FC Cincinnati project to Populous...

FC Cincinnati owners have chosen a new architect to build its West End stadium – one fresh off designing Major League Soccer's two newest stadiums.

The internationally-recognized firm, Populous, which has offices on four continents will continue to "drive the owner's vision," FCC President and General Manager Jeff Berding told The Enquirer.

"FCC's vision for the West End stadium is unique. The West End Stadium will stand out among not only soccer-specific stadiums, but also sports stadiums, in North America," Berding said.

The change, he said, is being made to ensure the team achieves its project goals, which is "to deliver an exceptional stadium and an exceptional fan experience to the City of Cincinnati."

Berding stopped short of saying the original firm, New York- and Los Angeles-based Meis, was fired. He focused on completing the vision of what's been promised by 2021. The agreement with MLS includes penalties if the stadium's opening is delayed.

Elevar, the local architect, remains in place, he said.

Berding pointed to elements of Populous' stadiums that he liked: Minnesota stadium's exterior, the L.A. Galaxy stadium's attention to detail, the Orlando stadium's integration into the Parramore neighborhood west of Downtown.

Yep, Meis said there's "no need or desire for a full roof in football". And it's hardly that surprising the club came to that conclusion on costs. It's exactly the same conclusion we came to:

NWHL is certainly a multi-use stadium (we've got permission for 16 non-football events a year at full capacity, many more at lower capacity), and we baulked at the cost of a full roof even with our budget. So unless Everton find a really good reason to have one, I can't see it being added.
The LCC will demand we have one because Klopper saidz herr docks are too windy

A mate went to the new spurs ground to watch that under 18 game the other week.
Saw him today and saw his pics and videos.

It's just amazing. They have also kept some of the old bits from white Hart lane too and it's done really well.

Those much talked about beer things are boss as well.

The more I see the Spurs ground, the more like so many other stadiums it looks in so many ways.

It's a good effort, but there are so many ways to improve on it, as many stadiums doubtless will over the next few years.

I saw a Tottenham fan video from the test day I was staggered by the number of stairs the guy had to go up. Top Balcony is a doddle compared to it! Not taking anything away from the stadium it's still something BMD needs to aspire to, but there are bits I hope we don't have. The outside levels and some internal levels had the soulless stadium / Wembley feel about it, BMD shouldn't be like that with a fan park one side the river the other. The hydraulic tower building hopefully be a great bar on the doorstep of the ground. I'm sure there is more to NWHL outside as it's still in the same vicinity as the old ground but looked a bit a bit sanitised.