New Everton Stadium Discussion

There's absolutely no reason they have to adopt that for every stadium they build, why didn't any spurs fans call them out on this during the design phase?

They don't have to follow that at all, I'm just giving you the reason why I feel that they did. Its the best way to efficiently maximise seats and space. Space is at a massive premium in London. Maybe that's among the reason why London Stadiums in particular are now being built that way, with the exception of the Olympic Stadium, which was built on land that was already allocated to it at a low price.

They don't have to follow that at all, I'm just giving you the reason why I feel that they did. Its the best way to efficiently maximise seats and space. Space is at a massive premium in London. Maybe that's among the reason why London Stadiums in particular are now being built that way, with the exception of the Olympic Stadium, which was built on land that was already allocated to it at a low price.

So the plot of land was exactly a circle - same as other populous stadiums so they HAD to build them like that?

Mate you could have built the worlds best stadium and some on here would be trying to popcorn you about something to do with it. Welcome to GOT. We’ll build a waterfront stadium and someone on here will be calling it the Macron on the dock. It’s just the way this place is. Personally I think your new stadium is class. Far better than the Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge and Anfield (the media have made that sacrelogious to say but it really is far behind other stadia now and the new stand is an eyesore)

It’s up there with Wembley and Old Trafford as the best grounds in the country. I hope we can get up there as well with our new stadium but I doubt Everton have the ambition.

Cheers. Anyone that thinks there is more than a passing resemblance is deluding themselves.

What is it with all the Spurs' supporters wanting universal love of their new build on here and getting offended if they don't.

Pick any building you like and you'll get some that love it and some will hate it, just the way of the world.

I just want universal love whether it is building related or not.

Football fans in partisan shocker....I would probably Pooh pooh Chelsea's new place even it was amazing (and if it ever gets built).

I think it is interestling that every journo that I have read so far (even those that are West Ham etc) say it is the best stadium they have ever been to and sets a new benchmark.

Personally I like it from the outside but it is all about the fan experience and atmosphere and not just being a nice building. And it seems to deliver on those points. A thumbs up from me.

I just want universal love whether it is building related or not.

Football fans in partisan shocker....I would probably Pooh pooh Chelsea's new place even it was amazing (and if it ever gets built).

True dat. Don't get me wrong I think it is a VERY smart stadium, the best in the country, and as far as I can tell most people on here feel the same way. Just personally I would have liked it more if the single tier stand matched the other end and it had the same height all along the top. That's just my 2p worth.