New Everton Stadium Discussion

What is it with all the Spurs' supporters wanting universal love of their new build on here and getting offended if they don't.

Pick any building you like and you'll get some that love it and some will hate it, just the way of the world.

It wasn't about love or hate, people are free to like or dislike anything as an example I'm not a big fan of the outside design of our new stadium. I think they could have come up with something much more elegant. It's all a bit space shippy for my taste.

My problem was that I don't think they were being honest with their arguments about the inside. Or worse were being deliberately misleading.

It wasn't about love or hate, people are free to like or dislike anything as an example I'm not a big fan of the outside design of our new stadium. I think they could have come up with something much more elegant. It's all a bit space shippy for my taste.

My problem was that I don't think they were being honest with their arguments about the inside. Or worse were being deliberately misleading.

Wow, why is it so hard to understand that yours, the emirates, estadio de luz, wembley - are all off the same template? Same wavey design.

I want something different.

It wasn't about love or hate, people are free to like or dislike anything as an example I'm not a big fan of the outside design of our new stadium. I think they could have come up with something more elegant.

I can only vouch for myself but I am honest with my views and they broadly fall in line with some of the others.

When people actually visit the stadium it may change some minds, but you can see it shares some DNA with the Emirates looking at pictures, even if it is tighter and steeper. No one is saying it is exactly the same, just that it has a resemblance. I know you guys might hate anything to do with them but I don't see the fuss. The Emirates is a decent stadium bar from too much space around the pitch and if you have made it x amount of percent closer to the action, less rounded corners etc. then it will be even better for it.

How a building looks has a certain value but I think that a 60k seater stadium will earn the same if it is ugly or beautiful.

Spurs would appear to have a fine stadium but it does appear to have been enormously expensive.
Last summer they didn't sign a single player and now instead of challenging for the title they are challenging for a fourth place... and I think the lack of signings is responsible for this in part at least.
If the increased borrowing for the stadium has created an embargo on transfer how long will they keep their best players ?

I want a new stadium for Everton but will be perfectly satisfied as long as it is functional and will not affect the football side of the club.

Calling The Emirates and New WHL similar is like calling Goodison and Anfield similar because they both have 4 stands and a pitch.

Paul Hawksbee was talking about the infrastructure being a bit crap, as in getting to it, but not knowing London, well Tottenham, is it a temporary thing, or actually a concern?

I think Spurs are onto something copying the Emirates. Maybe we should copy the RS's main stand. Have that on 3 sides of the ground and then a big single tier. At least then when they fully redevelop, they will have copied our new stadium COYB! NSNO!

Paul Hawksbee was talking about the infrastructure being a bit crap, as in getting to it, but not knowing London, well Tottenham, is it a temporary thing, or actually a concern?

It's a bit of a walk from the nearest tube station but there is an overground station nearby.

In half a century, the similarities between the populous stadiums (the waves) will be their legacy.

Similar to how the Archiald Leicht criss crosses appear on ours and others.

Its built by maths equations. There is a maximum distance allowed from the furthest point to the furthest seat. If you wrap a bowl around a square to that equation, you get roughly the same shape. That's why the similarities are there. If BMD was built to those same design rules, Its possible we'd be able to get a higher capacity.

Its built by maths equations. There is a maximum distance allowed from the furthest point to the furthest seat. If you wrap a bowl around a square to that equation, you get roughly the same shape. That's why the similarities are there. If BMD was built to those same design rules, Its possible we'd be able to get a higher capacity.

There's absolutely no reason they have to adopt that for every stadium they build, why didn't any spurs fans call them out on this during the design phase?