New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Spurs stadium is amazing, but some people will see things that they would change. Same with every stadium.

Personally, I prefer stands that don't curve to high points in the centre, down to the corners. A squared off south stand and 'boxier' corners (Like the NRG in Houston) would be my preference - but I would absolutely take the NWHL stadium for Everton in a heatbeat.

Similarly, there are things in the Bramley Moore leaked designs that I would change if I could.

Yeah bang on this. Personally I prefer our square look also but I'm concerned at how tight the whole plot is. As for NWHL it looks like a real high standard build overall but I'm not sure that the extremely high roof will protect the lower tiers. Ultimately I think both will be brilliant.

Yes, it's an Everton new stadium thread and reading about someone else's new stadium must be boring so in that case I won't post about it.
In all honesty, I only joined this place to talk about the new stadium (I have never once got involved with "team results" between our teams since I've been here,) so I won't mention Totnam's build again.

Hope I've been helpful with the info you've all asked for and you end up with a stadium that you're happy with .

Stay, I think your posts have been bang on topic, much more so than loons coming up with one negative line based on nothing. The next few months will be interesting as you bed into the place.

but as I've said (when yours finally gets built) you will see with your own eyes that the the stadium bowl itself will resemble NWHL and the Emirates more than Dortmund's (which I again, I went to two weeks ago.)

Yeah bang on this. Personally I prefer our square look also but I'm concerned at how tight the whole plot is. As for NWHL it looks like a real high standard build overall but I'm not sure that the extremely high roof will protect the lower tiers. Ultimately I think both will be brilliant.

Stay, I think your posts have been bang on topic, much more so than loons coming up with one negative line based on nothing. The next few months will be interesting as you bed into the place.

Haha mate he's got stroppy because I said ours won't be like the Emirates like there's clearly is.

It's an amazing stadium, but from the renders I will prefer ours simply because it will have rectangular straight stands and a lower prominent roof.

Yes, it's an Everton new stadium thread and reading about someone else's new stadium must be boring so in that case I won't post about it.
In all honesty, I only joined this place to talk about the new stadium (I have never once got involved with "team results" between our teams since I've been here,) so I won't mention Totnam's build again.

Hope I've been helpful with the info you've all asked for and you end up with a stadium that you're happy with :cheers:.

It's customary to create a leaving thread if you no longer plan on posting mate, please head to the ale house section of the forum and create your thread and use it as an opportunity to call out any of the people that have made you feel unwelcome.

Look forward to reading it mate.

Or when I take the time to have a decent discussion with GLadyPhil and in reply to my post all he does in reply is a internet version of sticking his fingers in his ears and hum/sing to himself.
Maybe, just maybe, if you called him by his actual name then he might return the courtesy and show you respect back. Just a thought.

Hope I've been helpful with the info you've all asked for and you end up with a stadium that you're happy with :cheers:.
Wasn't specifically aimed at you fella

Just because a stadium is newer than the last stadium built it doesn't that it will automatically mean that it is gonna be better than the last, the cost and size being two major factors.
With Chelsea currently binning their new stadium build it looks like Everton are gonna be the next club to have the chance to build a new stadium that's a "Step up" compared to Totnam's?

I doubt ours will be a step up, in the end you get what you pay for and you guys have built the most expensive club stadium in the country. We are not even trying to match that level of build or have the clientele to pay for the cost of the tickets that could allow us to do so.

I like others am not a huge fan of it overall, I can't even put my finger on why. Perhaps it is the wave formation (which I know is there to optimise seating distances, which is a noble thing to do) and the single tier end (given the choice I would can on ours to bring in overhanging tiers). So I wouldn't get too worked up if someone isn't in love with it. For instance Wembley is a far superior stadium in terms of fit and finish and capacity compared to the Millennium stadium. However because of the shape of seating and the views and location of the one in Cardiff I prefer it.

There are lots of touches I like with the NWHL and I agree with another posters declaration that it's the best stadium in the country and it looks like a great place to watch football in. Beauty at the end of the day is in the eye of the beholder and as long as your happy with it then nothing else matters. From reading this thread when ours is built not everyone is going to be happy with it and this is within our own fan base nevermind what others think.

I guess I just don't get the hang up with the little curve at the top, isn't it just a way to make it so every seat is at the best angle facing the pitch?

As for the comparisons to The Emirates I guess I just don't see it... to me The Emirates is all about shallow rakes, long slow curves and almost an oval shape rather than a rounded square.

New White Hart Lane is all about steep stands, tight corners and closeness. Even the curve at the top people keep pointing too is much much much smaller due to the tight corners.

Is it just a bad faith argument or do people genuinely think those two are similar?

I guess I just don't get the hang up with the little curve at the top, isn't it just a way to make it so every seat is at the best angle facing the pitch?

As for the comparisons to The Emirates I guess I just don't see it... to me The Emirates is all about shallow rakes, long slow curves and almost an oval shape rather than a rounded square.

New White Hart Lane is all about steep stands, tight corners and closeness. Even the curve at the top people keep pointing too is much much much smaller due to the tight corners.

Is it just a bad faith argument or do people genuinely think those two are similar?

Two completely different camera lenses. The one I post earlier is identical.

Make that far middle tier smaller, and that's the emirates.

Hope Meiss doesn't change our design in inspiration to emirates/NWHL

No curves - rectangles only.