New Everton Stadium Discussion

So it should.. When was the last big build?? Emirates or Wembley is it... They are both ten years or more old now

Just because a stadium is newer than the last stadium built it doesn't that it will automatically mean that it is gonna be better than the last, the cost and size being two major factors.
With Chelsea currently binning their new stadium build it looks like Everton are gonna be the next club to have the chance to build a new stadium that's a "Step up" compared to Totnam's?

Last edited:
Just because a stadium is newer than the last stadium built it doesn't that it will automatically mean that it is gonna be better than the last with cost and size being two major factors,
With Chelsea currently binning their new stadium build it looks like Everton are gonna be the next club to have the chance to build a new stadium that's a "Step up" compared to Totnam's?
Well we have been promised an iconic stadium.

God knows what that entails

Lol lol

GLadyPhil. Because you have such a real cool photo I won't be embarrass you any further.

How hard is it to accept that having curved stands like the friendly emirates makes it like the emirates?

And us having solid rectangular stands is similar to Dortmunds and more intimidating?

That's a picture of me, are you being racist?

I think spurs new stadium looks great by the way, just criticising the curvature and made up our preliminary designs hasn't copied the Emirates too.

"Look at the amazing corporate facilities" - places where 90% of Spurs fans won't get near.

How hard is it to accept that having curved stands like the friendly emirates makes it like the emirates?

And us having solid rectangular stands is similar to Dortmunds and more intimidating?

That's a picture of me, are you being racist?

1) I've always said that the Spurs stadium is like the Emirates (just go back and look at the last 4 pages, I've said it many times.)

2) This is a matter of opinion. I doubt that you've ever been inside Dortmunds statadium for a game of football, I was last there two weeks ago and I can assure you it's nothing like your renders. It's an old stadium with the corners filled in, yours will be the same concept as Totnam's but without the curved top part of the stand that allows for a bigger capacity in that stand. Just because Evertons renders don't have the curve and is straight like Dortmunds, that doesn't make it the same.

3) Please don't try and play the racist card. I think you look "Real Cool" in your photo.

Think the South Stand looks stupid.

Everyone has their own opinion and I'm also one of those who likes the 4 sided stadiums with Villa Park being amongst my favourites.

In a new stadium some people think having a singular type stand with standing incorporated is great, others (although I think less) like a continuous bowl.

As for the outside of a stadium, I'm not yet sure about Totnam's but unlike many others I thought the renders for Chelsea's new brick stadium looked fantastic (the difference of opinion that we all have.)
But let me repeat, all new BIG CAPACITY stadium builds that wanna maximise space will be built on the Emirates concept (although the were in no way the first with this design.)
The days of FOUR BIG singular stands is long gone, they are of 100 year old technology/design (which is why Dortmund have filled in the corners.)

Last edited:
1) I've always said that the Spurs stadium is like the Emirates (just go back and look at the last 4 pages, I've said it many times.)

2) This is a matter of opinion. I doubt that you've ever been inside Dortmunds statadium for a game of football, I was last there two weeks ago and I can assure you it's nothing like your renders. It's an old stadium with the corners filled in, yours will be the same concept as Totnam's but without the curved top part of the stand that allows for a bigger capacity in that stand. Just because Evertons renders don't have the curve and is straight like Dortmunds, that doesn't make it the same.

3) Please don't try and play the racist card. I think you look "Real Cool" in your photo.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4d980290-4e71-11e9-a36a-59bc188de8ad.jpg

emirates19.jpg

0_Everton-new-stadium-1.jpg

westfalenstadion37.jpg

Thanks for spending the time for finding the above pictures :cheers:.

Yes, like I've said many times, the Spurs stadium is like the Emirates (that's the North Stand in the picture but at Spurs the middle tier is not a corporate tier and we all know that the south stand is completely different. Also the two stands down the side are also finished with a different finish.)

From those images I now get why you think your stadium will be like Dortmunds but as I've said (when yours finally gets built) you will see with your own eyes that the the stadium bowl itself will resemble NWHL and the Emirates more than Dortmund's (which I again, I went to two weeks ago.)

P.S. I'm glad you dropped the "Are you racist" question.

EDIT. Looking at the render, that stand looks like a version of Leicesters stadium.

I think Spurs stadium looks boss to be honest, its a great job by them so fair play.

I would be a bit concerned that we have gone for a smaller scale and im not convinced on the future proofing toward the 62k figure, if im honest i was more convinced by the renders from 2017 rather then the latest leaked ones. Maybe im being hubris saying that.

The Spurs stadium is amazing, but some people will see things that they would change. Same with every stadium.

Personally, I prefer stands that don't curve to high points in the centre, down to the corners. A squared off south stand and 'boxier' corners (Like the NRG in Houston) would be my preference - but I would absolutely take the NWHL stadium for Everton in a heatbeat.

Similarly, there are things in the Bramley Moore leaked designs that I would change if I could.

This threads gone boring

Yes, it's an Everton new stadium thread and reading about someone else's new stadium must be boring so in that case I won't post about it.
In all honesty, I only joined this place to talk about the new stadium (I have never once got involved with "team results" between our teams since I've been here,) so I won't mention Totnam's build again.

Hope I've been helpful with the info you've all asked for and you end up with a stadium that you're happy with :cheers:.

Thanks for spending the time for finding the above pictures :cheers:.

Yes, like I've said many times, the Spurs stadium is like the Emirates (that's the North Stand in the picture but at Spurs the middle tier is not a corporate tier and we all know that the south stand is completely different. Also the two stands down the side are also finished with a different finish.)

From those images I now get why you think your stadium will be like Dortmunds but as I've said (when yours finally gets built) you will see with your own eyes that the the stadium bowl itself will resemble NWHL and the Emirates more than Dortmund's (which I again, I went to two weeks ago.)

P.S. I'm glad you dropped the "Are you racist" question.

EDIT. Looking at the render, that stand looks like a version of Leicesters stadium.

There will be no curvature in our new stadium, it's all about sharp angles and rectangles.

None of that jarg friendly emirates stuff in ours thank you.