New Everton Stadium Discussion

In fact, let me make a better/easier comparison for you.
Spurs ground of the 50's/60's/70's/80's etc
Everton
Blackburn
Main Road
Highbury
Upton Park (and just about every other old stadium.)

They are all stadiums built with the same concept (with bits added on over the years,) all singular stands but with different designs.

Newer modern builds are of the Spurs, Emirates, Porto, Benifica, Shackter Donesk (and many others including the Everton Renders) are the same type designs with different touches.

Nah, ours is like dortmunds, yours is like the emirates

So even though Totnam's new stadium has 3 different stands to the Emirates to you it's basically the same but because yours has a small straight line here and there it's different to Totnam's?
All three are the same deign but with different finishes.
Was the spurs ground designed with the intent to have fans close to the pitch or not??

The Emirates is crap for that with fans miles from the pitch esp behind the goal.

I wonder how much more intimate our design will be as all we've ever said is we want fans on top of the pitch

Was the spurs ground designed with the intent to have fans close to the pitch or not??

The Emirates is crap for that with fans miles from the pitch esp behind the goal.

I wonder how much more intimate our design will be as all we've ever said is we want fans on top of the pitch
I wanna be so close that I can whisper in Tom Davies ear and tell him how crap he is.

The South Stand behind the goal is a lot nearer to the picth than at the Emirates. The North Stand (where visiting fans go) is only about 6 rows nearer (but for a big modern stadium it's a short distance.)

Spurs fans getting catty on an Everton forum when we don’t go along with the London-based media and tell them how amazing their stadium islol

Or when I take the time to have a decent discussion with GLadyPhil and in reply to my post all he does in reply is a internet version of sticking his fingers in his ears and hum/sing to himself.

Last edited:

Or when I take the time to have a decent discussion with GLadyPhil and in reply to my post all he does in reply is a internet version of sticking his fingers in his ears and hum/sing to himself.
People are allowed their own opinion. It does look very similar to the Emirates and it’s in a bowl-like shape.

From the concept Everton designs, we seem to have a more four-sided shape design, as the bowl didn’t seem to be popular amongst our fans.

The wave of the single tier stand definitely takes away from it, IMO.

It really does look amazing tho.

Probably looks the best stadium in the country at the moment.

"At the moment" is so true.
The Spurs stadium has been built with 10 years newer design technology compared to the Emirates (closer to the pitch being one of them, only having corporate seats in the middle of the stadium and not a corporate ring all the way around like the Emirates and Wembley being another plus.)
The new Spurs stadium has set a new a new high (but costly) standard that will also be seen as "Old Hat" in the future.
Who knows, maybe Everton's new stadium will be the one to set the new benchmark?

"At the moment" is so true.
The Spurs stadium has been built with 10 years newer design technology compared to the Emirates (closer to the pitch being one of them, only having corporate seats in the middle of the stadium and not a corporate ring all the way around like the Emirates and Wembley being another plus.)
The new Spurs stadium has set a new a new high (but costly) standard that will also be seen as "Old Hat" one day in the future.
Who knows, maybe Everton's new stadium will be the one to set the new benchmark?

There's not many Evertonians who would turn their nose up at that stadium, in my opinion.