New Everton Stadium Discussion

We have posters who accuse the RS of being a cult and then round on anyone who shows up the rank hypocrisy being spouted. Accusing anyone who doesn't follow the party line a RS sounds remarkably like a cult to me.

Looking to lambast them over Melwood whilst ignoring Bellefield is worthy of Trumpism.
I think it’s very unfair to accuse posters on here of accusing the RS of being a cult
I’d like you to post some quotes to prove it
As far as I can recall most posters state it as a fact , not an accusation

Location, location, location.

This. Don't think enough is made of just what a great opportunity this is to get the stadium so close to the city centre. Think how much better the matchday experience would be at BMD than travelling to Kirkby or wherever?

I think this second rate build talk is emotive. A lot of factors go into making a stadium not least the people that fill it every matchday. The Emirates looks amazing and has very high quality finish all around, but it's not the best in terms of atmosphere cause all those corporate fans don't even bother making it back on time for the second half. Goodison is always being talked about as a difficult place for opposing teams to go. Some of that comes from fans being close to pitch but most of it is the Everton fans themselves. Those same fans will be at BMD and once the game kicks off no-one is going to be worried about whether the cladding is the best money can buy or what the taps are like in the toilets!

They just need to do the cost projections right to make sure it's not a burden on the club going forward. As long as it's not then they have to go for it or the chance will be gone and they'll be stuck trying to somehow rebuild Goodison again and from what's been posted above that doesn't seem to be an option.

Ok, hardly a furore though.

Wouldnt call this a furore either though really. A councillor stormed out of a meeting because he wasnt getting his way.

While i think it would be great if Liverpool gave "something back" to the community and left Melwood as some sort of community gym and pitch, i can understand why they arent.

Sure i read that the upkeep of the training grounds is massive, the council certainly wont foot the bill for it, so it would probably end up being left in a state of disrepair in the end.

That area doesnt need more houses though.

Wouldnt call this a furore either though really. A councillor stormed out of a meeting because he wasnt getting his way.

While i think it would be great if Liverpool gave "something back" to the community and left Melwood as some sort of community gym and pitch, i can understand why they arent.

Sure i read that the upkeep of the training grounds is massive, the council certainly wont foot the bill for it, so it would probably end up being left in a state of disrepair in the end.

That area doesnt need more houses though.
They’ve got previous for being bad neighbours.

Bellefield was a dump and had no decent facilities.

They have a swimming pool and world clsss facilities which are just getting demolished to build more housing in an over crowded area suffering with traffic issues.

What's the council's take on this, have they said they won't help?