New Everton Stadium Discussion

Superimposed1552598491912.jpg

If it is all guesswork and speculation then why do you try to link Usmanov who owns no part of us with pretty much every post you make on the Stadium. You even went further earlier on and linked us with none existent Arab investors who would seemingly be falling over themselves to buy us if we build a Stadium.
Can you point out where I linked us to Arab investors , because I certainly can’t
I said it’s a possibility if Moshiri sells

Are you seriously suggesting that the development is pretty much a license to print money but only if we build a Stadium there. Developing brownfield sites is a very costly and risky proposition. Trying to link BMD to the London docklands is crazy. Liverpool already has dockland developments and properties sell for a fraction of London prices. There is also a danger that with the developments already in motion that the City could reach saturation point.
If you think developing brownfield sites on the docks is a risky proposition then there’s no point in me arguing with you or discussing any point you raise

Can you point out where I linked us to Arab investors , because I certainly can’t
I said it’s a possibility if Moshiri sells

Here is what you posted.

You don’t think some Arab won’t be interested in a PL club with a brand new stadium in a major city in the North of England

See Manchester City

That was a reply to a poster saying there is unlikely to be a massive profit for Moshiri if we build a Stadium and then sell up. Basically what you are saying is that the Stadium doesn't have to make financial sense because an Arab will come along and pay over the odds. Completely ignoring how hard it is to sell a Football Club and the fact that it makes very little sense to buy an English Club at the moment because the big money of the Champions League places is pretty much sewn up.

For Moshiri to make a big profit a prospective purchaser would have to pay north of a Billion for the Club and then spend probably half as much again just to be competitive at the top of the League.

If you think developing brownfield sites on the docks is a risky proposition then there’s no point in me arguing with you or discussing any point you raise

Of course it is risky if it wasn't there wouldn't be huge swathes of empty dockland sites. That is the precise reason why you get huge grants and things like Olympic and Commonwealth legacies for such projects because unless there are exceptional circumstances then they don't make financial sense. The precise reason why they are derelict and in need of regeneration in the first place.

Add in increased supporter spend of 400 a season , ( say 200 profit ) that’s 10 m a year
Add a 20m a year naming rights , that’s up to 35 m a year
Sky/BT will show more games as it’s a modern stadium with top class broadcasting facilities and that’s another couple of million
It all adds up
This scheme wasn’t costed on the back of a cigarette packet
Moshiri might not know a lot about football but he knows about money

I think that's wishful thinking - in the current economic climate it will be highly unlikely a deal like that is secured.
There's a large stand recently built not too far away that hasn't been able to get a deal....

they obv have designs, and the dan meis designed stadium will probably be at the high end of the amount we are trying to find to build it (say £500m)

the club obv don't want to release renders of this high end design, incase we end up putting a 150m 'reebok stadium' there instead.

Do you mean the designs that were leaked?:

I think that's wishful thinking - in the current economic climate it will be highly unlikely a deal like that is secured.
There's a large stand recently built not too far away that hasn't been able to get a deal....

I am struggling to think of a single stand having naming rights anywhere, and there isnt a chance that Liverpool would trash the Anfield name for Nivea or sommet. Same with us with Goodison.

Naming rights should only be appropriate for new grounds.

Of course it is risky if it wasn't there wouldn't be huge swathes of empty dockland sites. That is the precise reason why you get huge grants and things like Olympic and Commonwealth legacies for such projects because unless there are exceptional circumstances then they don't make financial sense. The precise reason why they are derelict and in need of regeneration in the first place.
The reason the docks are derelict is because the mode of transport for goods has changed
My late father worked on the docks in the late 50s and it was all manual labour , now it’s RO/RO and 40 ft trailers
Look at NYC , San Diego , Canary Wharf Dublin and tell me there is no money to be made
On a smaller scale look at Malahide Marina in north Dublin
People will want to live and work near the water and the city centre