New Everton Stadium Discussion

I’m willing to bet the letters MVP are all over documents in Everton towers. We’ll end up with the DW stadium on the waterfront.
The William Kenwright Wonderland Waterfront Stadium. Somehow, I am convinced, he'll insist a stand is named after him or something, at the very minimum. Maybe he'll even suggest a statue to commemerate his time as our chairman.

How did that get in here?

Ours won't be that high. What you have to think of with St. James's is that the large stands have to be much larger due to the fact that two stands (inc. 3 corners) are a lot smaller. With ours apart from the one smaller end with corners that slope down to meet it, means that the 52k is distributed more evenly so we don't have to have that kind of height on one (or more in Newcastle's case) stand.

There are weighting differences as you say. Behind the goal I think Newcastle has about 58/68 rows? Ours is 66?
Newcastle has a step up for a tier which our South Stand doesn't so it's possible you could knock off the last 5-10 rows at Newcastle to see an equivalent to our views. As I said on the other post it won't be row for row alike, but it's possibly the closest example we'd get.

Anyone being negatives about timelines with this need to have a word with themselves. I find it pathetic.

There’s literally no rush with any single stage of this.

So many people trying their hardest to put a downer on something very exciting. Says a lot more about the posters than anything else.
As long as its ready for our CL group stage matches...

Anyone being negatives about timelines with this need to have a word with themselves. I find it pathetic.

So many people trying their hardest to put a downer on something very exciting. Says a lot more about the posters than anything else.

Beg to differ.

Time is everything, we are falling behind rapidly and I imagine Wolves will increase their capacity before we even start.

We’ve gone from 60,000 by 2021/22 to 52,000 by 2023 / 24.

We also told them we don’t want a soules bowl and what has Baxendale said today? We want a bowl.

This is typical Everton and if you can’t see it there’s no hope for you.

How very dare any of us doubt this club and its timelines..

Have a word with yourself ijj

The timeline doesn’t bother me. It’s the apparent scaling back of ambition from Everton that’s annoying. Whether the club said it or not, the architect they employed turned up at events organised by them and showed diagrams showing a home stand in comparison to the yellow wall at Dortmund, bigger than the kop. He said it would be state of the art and iconic. He talked about building the best club stadium in England. He said the capacity might be an open question but then cryptically tweeted about 61,878 multiple times. He also promised pictures in a few weeks. That was a year ago.

Since then, no pictures, the capacity has been scaled back to one that’s now smaller than every other top 6 stadium’s existing capacity even those looking to expand further! And leaked documents showed a generic stadium scaled back significantly in comparison to those initial diagrams seen. All the time during this the club have again said absolutely nothing allowing the timeline slip by a year without saying anything. It’s their modus operandi. Ever since Elstone’s time they’re absolutely terrified of engaging with fans so just say absolutely nothing.

It’s about expectation setting. If the club had been looking at city centre sites then said they were going to build a 52k stadium on the waterfront and put a realistic timeline on it then everyone would have been buzzing about getting the waterfront.

Instead they allowed other people such as Meis and Anderson to come out with timelines that have been completely unrealistic and there’s the sinking feeling that the initial designs may also be unrealistic too. I’d actually respect the club if they were just honest and fake out and said ‘ you know what guys it was harder and more expensive than we thought so we’ve scaled it down and it’s going to be late’. People could accept that and still be positive about a new stadium on the Mersey. I stead they say absolutely nothing. Every press release is more guff telling people precisely nothing. Whole presentations with no more new news whatsoever in it.

They’re just an absolute cowardly exec team who approach everything absolutely soiling their pants going for a safety first cautious down playing approach with a comms plan of saying nothing hoping the fans base don’t notice. They’ve done it for years and after a while you just get sick of it. The phantom retail development behind the park end, the WHP that was basically Bill’s day dream as he passed in his car. All cancelled with barely a word to the fan base.

Beg to differ.

Time is everything, we are falling behind rapidly and I imagine Wolves will increase their capacity before we even start.

We’ve gone from 60,000 by 2021/22 to 52,000 by 2023 / 24.

We also told them we don’t want a soules bowl and what has Baxendale said today? We want a bowl.

This is typical Everton and if you can’t see it there’s no hope for you.

Bowl is just the name of the stadium interior. It won't be a bowl.