New Everton Stadium Discussion

What's this obsession with students? A "Student Mile" would be a concentrated market for drug dealers but of little benefit for anyone else.
There is a desire to ape the US student educational system. Build fancy well located apartments, include security and other services and only open to student lease. Discourage traditional house shares, living with parents, sell the US independent living student life. Create long term debt model to finance it all, graduates then emerge with 50K student debt where rightly or wrongly they are viewed as creditworthy borrowers over the medium term. Which pension funds etc will flock to for long term income.

We finished 8th that season, after the "2 points from 8 games" start.

When the actual new stadium was announced (2015) we'd had just one season of Champions League football (under Redknapp five years earlier) and Poch was still a bit of an unknown quantity. When it was being designed and costed it would've been during AVB's and Sherwood's tenures. Very much a Europa League team.

Most significantly if we're making comparisons to your situation, our stadium has always been costed on the basis of us retaining Premier League football (and the broadcast revenues that come with it), not on the assumption of regular Champions League.

My gut tells me you're overstating this. Sure we've been a top 6 club for more a less a decade now but not a regular Champions League one until very recently (i.e. after we announced the new stadium). And yes, we have London prices but we also have London costs. There's also a stadium up the road from yours with the third highest matchday revenue of any stadium in England. So I don't think it's that black and white.

I still think, as I've always thought, a Premier League team with a fanbase the size of yours should be able to build a new stadium. I'll be optimistic for ya! I still reckon things are on track.

We dont like that sort of positivity in here mate!

Get on this:

"Joe Anderson also revealed his ambitious plans to build the worlds first, dockside accommodation for students along the mile stretch throughout the barren docklands, the project has been branded "Student Mile"

"Students are essentially a major economic factor for the city, it's imperative that we expand on this with this impressive opportunity, as well with the new stadium, to regenerate this brownfield site. This is too big to turn down and I'm happy to say many important stakeholders are on board.

Plans also reveal a new transport hub connecting the rest of the city, working with the ten streets project.

Liverpool has over recent years, expanded on its student accommodation throughout the city, which some local residents are strongly against.

Have you included the right link there?

We finished 8th that season, after the "2 points from 8 games" start.

When the actual new stadium was announced (2015) we'd had just one season of Champions League football (under Redknapp five years earlier) and Poch was still a bit of an unknown quantity. When it was being designed and costed it would've been during AVB's and Sherwood's tenures. Very much a Europa League team.

Most significantly if we're making comparisons to your situation, our stadium has always been costed on the basis of us retaining Premier League football (and the broadcast revenues that come with it), not on the assumption of regular Champions League.

My gut tells me you're overstating this. Sure we've been a top 6 club for more a less a decade now but not a regular Champions League one until very recently (i.e. after we announced the new stadium). And yes, we have London prices but we also have London costs. There's also a stadium up the road from yours with the third highest matchday revenue of any stadium in England. So I don't think it's that black and white.

I still think, as I've always thought, a Premier League team with a fanbase the size of yours should be able to build a new stadium. I'll be optimistic for ya! I still reckon things are on track.

Even being realistic, the stadium is more likely to be built than not.

If ours is steeper we'll be even higher up.

Ours won't be that high. What you have to think of with St. James's is that the large stands have to be much larger due to the fact that two stands (inc. 3 corners) are a lot smaller. With ours apart from the one smaller end with corners that slope down to meet it, means that the 52k is distributed more evenly so we don't have to have that kind of height on one (or more in Newcastle's case) stand.

I can smell the unbearable stench of disappointment from the fans after, having already waiting 4 years to see any actual stadium design, being presented some bog standard piece of crap that costs about a quarter of what a progressive and ambitious club, namely Spurs, have paid for their stadium.

I’m willing to bet the letters MVP are all over documents in Everton towers. We’ll end up with the DW stadium on the waterfront.

Yes, higher up, but not further away horizontally.
The differences horizontally are that Newcastle have a few walkways plus a lift in tier. I don't think the legroom would be a great deal different and the starting distance to the pitch won't be a great deal different.

So it won't be row for row alike, but you may get something like row 55 on one is similar to row 48 on the other for example.