New Everton Stadium Discussion

Experienced it just the one time, getting treated for my 60th.
Entered 85 Lounge at midday, copious amounts of Guiness and red wine, three course meal including best fillet steak I've had then the game. Guiness waiting on your table at half time and at end of play. Brilliant day out made better as we actually won.
I would like to be around in four years time to do it again at our new midden.

Done that myself twice and it gives you a complete different expirance as a match going fan. Its where the money is - £270 per head we paid for the cardiff game, almost half your season ticket price for one game. But i enjoyed every minute of it. If only i won the lottery..

Where you buying a decent pint for £2-£3? You're lucky to get a pint under £4.50 in town these days, why would a football stadium be any different?
Where are you going in town to be charged them prices? Ship and Mitre, Shipping Forecast and the like, I assume?

You can get: Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg and Becks for £2.80 in most places.

360 degree revolving seats so you can overlook the bay instead of the match, hmm

We really need to run with this, got visions of San Francisco or Sydney here. The rich footy tourists are going to be arriving in there thousands with the correct marketing.

Give yourself a gold star young man.

I was just looking at the Newcastle matchday revenues and they only get £25 million a year from that revenue, and they are a 1 city club with a big catchment area, West Ham also have revenues for a 61000 seater stadium under £25 million a year.

If BMD opens with a similar capacity what is the expected match day revenue expected to be, the Sky 6 clubs are in the £70-£100 million range currently.

Where are you going in town to be charged them prices? Ship and Mitre, Shipping Forecast and the like, I assume?

You can get: Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg and Becks for £2.80 in most places.
Rather drink my own urine than any of those tbf! The Ship and Mitre is my favourite on the very rare occasions that I am a) in the country, and b) find myself going to the game. Plus they do 3 fancy bottled beers for a tenner (at least they did last year), which is sound as a pound.

I was just looking at the Newcastle matchday revenues and they only get £25 million a year from that revenue, and they are a 1 city club with a big catchment area, West Ham also have revenues for a 61000 seater stadium under £25 million a year.

If BMD opens with a similar capacity what is the expected match day revenue expected to be, the Sky 6 clubs are in the £70-£100 million range currently.

St James' in the most central stadium you can find. They will never tempt people in for early drinking, their higher revenue comes from a greater, and larger, range of hospitality.

Experienced it just the one time, getting treated for my 60th.
Entered 85 Lounge at midday, copious amounts of Guiness and red wine, three course meal including best fillet steak I've had then the game. Guiness waiting on your table at half time and at end of play. Brilliant day out made better as we actually won.
I would like to be around in four years time to do it again at our new midden.
sounds great Tommy but I reckon I'd fall asleep after Guinness ,red wine and steak ! Glad you had a good day though.

The Sky clubs get their revenue from a combination of ripping off their fans, and having the vastly superior quality of football on offer to attract the fans to justify paying the obscene prices.

When Everton move, we will be far more in line with the revenues of Newcastle and West Ham because we have a working class fanbase that has been starved of quality football and success the last 3 decades. If we start to become successful or break in to the top 4 regularly like Spurs, then we will most likely break away from Newcastle and West Ham, but still be some way from the other 6.

The London location allows 3 of the "Big 6" to have a geographical advantage that will never be available to us.

sounds great Tommy but I reckon I'd fall asleep after Guinness ,red wine and steak ! Glad you had a good day though.
I maybe should have added the couple of pints at Lime Street before getting a taxi to the ground. Another couple in the Winslow before going in the lounge. I'll not mention the other large quota of silly drinks and concoctions laid before me by my errant family once back in wool territory in the evening.
Suffice to say a day to remember