New Everton Stadium Discussion

Spurs are paying the price of design changes during the construction phase. If we design it properly, and don't make changes once the Main Contractor is on site, then we reduce the risk of delays and cost increases. You'll never eradicate it, but you can reduce the risk.
Which almost never happens, design changes are part of the process, as has been said before, projects of this size very rarely finish on schedule, most are behind before a spade hits the ground and a 4-5 month delay as spurs are seeing is not to bad in the grand scheme. Anyone who thinks we won’t have design issues on this site are crazy, I also think the capacity will be very much dictated by the constraints of the site and the delays will be down to how a lot of the surveys have returned issues with how it can be constructed, piling issues etc
Long road ahead, but hopefully at last a real desire and capable people on board to get it done

I know a few companies supplying equipment to the Spurs stadium, its a mad rush to say the least and they reckon it won't be ready till next season.

Plus, they are taking on lads on site for silly money on 3 months contracts, these lads will drag it out and make sure they get another 3 months at least.

Nearly everything is ready to host events right now. Without the wiring issues it would already be open hosting games in an incomplete state. The outside skin of the stadium was going to be completed next summer but has been brought forward because of the electrical delays.

As Jacko says above

Sorry if I'm mistaken then. It didn't read like much of a joke so I assumed it wasn't.

Despite the delays, extra cost & embarrassment of the Spurs build, i do believe that after a few games there everyone will start to forget about the hassles & simply be in awe of what looks to be a stunning set-up.
Being bold has caused them pain & will probably effect the next 2-3 transfer windows too due to costs but i applaud them for being brave, their looking to the future & giving the fans something to be immensely proud of.

I hope our board have the balls to do the same for us (just on budget & sooner rather than later).

Nearly everything is ready to host events right now. Without the wiring issues it would already be open hosting games in an incomplete state. The outside skin of the stadium was going to be completed next summer but has been brought forward because of the electrical delays.

Sorry if I'm mistaken then. It didn't read like much of a joke so I assumed it wasn't.

That seems to be issue from what I've been told, happens all the time in major projects.

Which almost never happens, design changes are part of the process, as has been said before, projects of this size very rarely finish on schedule, most are behind before a spade hits the ground and a 4-5 month delay as spurs are seeing is not to bad in the grand scheme. Anyone who thinks we won’t have design issues on this site are crazy, I also think the capacity will be very much dictated by the constraints of the site and the delays will be down to how a lot of the surveys have returned issues with how it can be constructed, piling issues etc
Long road ahead, but hopefully at last a real desire and capable people on board to get it done

Get some of those ITK's off Twitter in charge who have spent the last few months fuming because the board aren't making announcements everyday giving them a detailed breakdown of every aspect of the ground move.

They're all clearly experts and would deliver it in 6 months with a massive capacity and probably under budget.

Even allowing for a substantial increase in corporate hospitality, it makes no sense to spend 500m for the addition of 12k extra seats. The RS spent 100m building their main stand to increase capacity by 8,500. 60k minimum should be our aim.

You’re absolutely spot on.

The capacity has to be 60,000 at the very least.