New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't think everyone does sense it's in big trouble though mate. I know we have a shocking record when it comes to stadiums, but why waste more money with consultations and road shows etc when it's dead in the water (in your opinion)? I'd like to think this is just Everton being ultra cautious and NOT wanting this to end up the way of the kings dock, kirkby and to a lesser extent Walton hall park. This is a huge project mate, much more than a stadium, it would regenerate an entire area of Liverpool that has been neglected for decades, everybody involved needs to get this right.
We spend ten times more on a clueless cheap player than we'd spend on surveys and consultations. Fact. Means nothing.

They're doing it because they still have hope that the cash can be sorted.

You know why they do it mate. How many times have you seen the continuation by the club with a stadium project when EVERYONE can sense it's in big trouble? Just because they produce more "info" doesn't mean "it's on". It's just them doing stuff because they have nothing to offer and will wait to see a little longer if they can get funding, all the while working on an exit strategy from this scheme.

It's called The Everton Way.

Pure Delusion
When something's in trouble it doesn't get endorsed
Just accept it's happening

No. They have a poorly thought out politically unacceptable understanding for a funding model with the council. THAT is not investment secured. Sorry, but it just isn;t. Hence the prevarication and endless kicking of a can down the road.

You think Moshiri just thrown another load of dosh at the club without investment secured ?

I do. It's also something that went on with the other failed stadium schemes and it came at a point when those projects were as good as finished....and there's nothing stopping the application going in prior to the consultations, as per Destination Kirkby.

It's a statutory part of the 2008 Planning Act. Everton don't get a choice in the matter.

They have to do this formal consultation prior to submitting an application for development consent.

the esk is spot on. And I dont know about 'a penny finally dropping'. It's wise to change your mind when the facts begin to change. Why stay true to a busted flush, or certainly a model of governance that shows no sign of coherence?
It’s impossible to even get excited by anything there, the delays have been totally unacceptable

You think Moshiri just thrown another load of dosh at the club without investment secured ?
Investment? Do the maths on the funding for players in terms of cash coming into the club. The club generated that cash. He's bought more shares? So what. He'll get his money back and then some. Means nothing.

Look, I'm not saying it's defo gone west, but the evidence that this is funded and on track is nonexistent. My message: critique this club over BMD. They are taking the utter piss.