New Everton Stadium Discussion

said weeks and weeks ago on here to the spurs guy that looks nowhere near ready and he said it only needed grass down etc. looked an absolute age away at the start of the season

The stadium really wasn't far off. The seats going in and grass down is one of the last things to be done, but do have the biggest visual impact. Most if the internal areas and concessions have been completed for a while now. The issue is that parts of the installation have been done wrong rather than not been done at all.

The stadium really wasn't far off. The seats going in and grass down is one of the last things to be done, but do have the biggest visual impact. Most if the internal areas and concessions have been completed for a while now. The issue is that parts of the installation have been done wrong rather than not been done at all.

Well It was far off mate because they're saying Christmas etc now when originally it was September wasn't it?

Love the way we love to manipulate news, when it suits we say "Only Moshiris inner circle know whats happening" as if Fat Joe would be in the inner circle, hes the fat useless kid hanging on the coat tails of the cool kids, hoping they will tell him something, anything.

Whatever you say, Joe Anderson is the Mayor of Liverpool. He might be a figure of derision to some on here but the fact remains is that he does a far more important job with more influence and connections to shakers and movers than anybody who posts on here by a huge distance. You have no idea what he does or doesnt know.

Whatever you say, Joe Anderson is the Mayor of Liverpool. He might be a figure of derision to some on here but the fact remains is that he does a far more important job with more influence and connections to shakers and movers than anybody who posts on here by a huge distance. You have no idea what he does or doesnt know.

..not so sure, I heard on the grapevine that Barack Obama, HM the Queen, Teresa May and Donald Trump are regular posters on GOT. I don’t know their pseudonyms though.

Well It was far off mate because they're saying Christmas etc now when originally it was September wasn't it?

Jacko is basically right. One of the safety systems failed a test and is having to be reinstalled (lots of internal rewiring from what I understand, probably gutting parts of the stadium to get to them as well). If it'd been installed properly in the first place the stadium would've opened on the planned schedule. The schedule wasn't a problem, and looking at things like superficial cladding (that doesn't need to be in place for the stadium to open), lack of a pitch, and deciding it wouldn't have been ready is just wrong.

If the safety system had been installed properly the stadium would've opened in a 'ready but not completed' state, still behind the initial schedule of opening in time for the start of the season, but September opening was doable without the installation cock-up. Pitch installation is quick, so is seat installation, and internals are basically complete anyway (they've had one small test event already).

Sh*t happens. It's not the first or last big project that's run over, it's just a very high profile one with an obvious deadline of the start of the football season. I don't know who is liable for the cock-up though.

They are already hurting financially as a result. To Dan Meis credit, I don't recall many of his projects having big time overruns.

It's Mace, the contractor who are responsible for the cock-up - or one of the electrical subcontractors they've brought in. It's nothing to do with the architect (Populous in our case). You could easily end up with Mace building BMD (because there's only a handful of companies big enough to bid for big stadium contracts), but you're a little way off the point where that'll be open for bids yet.