New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not a lot they can do as we are talking about private land and businesses so unless there is a compelling case or breaks some sort of planning laws (LCC are involved so this is mitigated) they will have to deal with it.

The fact that they are so outraged with this just tells you how much of a game changer this stadium on the royal blue Mersey will be and the Kopites and pooing it big style.

Loving it

Exactly. It's just a pathetic mind set that's been drilled into them from their club and the loving media.

They got permission to build on Stanley park, a huge piece of Victorian life. We get the opportunity to create an economy in a dead run down area and they spit their dummies out.

Exactly. It's just a pathetic mind set that's been drilled into them from their club and the loving media.

They got permission to build on Stanley park, a huge piece of Victorian life. We get the opportunity to create an economy in a dead run down area and they spit their dummies out.

Not to mention what they did to the Anfield area just so they can build a loft on castle greyskull and got £23m from the council to do it.

Clowns some of them really are

He seemed to imply that there are still things to iron out with Peel which kinda tallies with Sunny Bob saying that there are a few issues still to overcome.

That's what I took from that
The financial commitment from LCC strikes me a pre condition as well and I think that is why it was announced at our AGM. Peel may well be hard balling but this public commitment from local government must be influential.

From these comments: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-reveals-plans-build-12407807
"I am just off the phone organising a meeting with my personal team of solicitors to compile a plan of action to assist in the blocking of this rubbish stadium ever being built. You cannot give the city's money to a small unsuccessful club with barely any fans when there is homeless, hungry, disabled children in the streets. You cannot sacrifice the heritage of the seaside to build a football stadium when there is a perfectly good site in Croxteth & the opinion of refurbishing the Bullens road stand to an adequate 43000 which is 9000 more seats than Everton even need."

2dd.jpg

Think of the disabled children in the street lads. They're gonna die if we build a stadium...

Although hilarious, some of those comments are quite worrying.

They will genuinely do anything they can, but will fail, to stop this happening.

I've read reports of potential conflicts of interest (although following a football team isn't a business..)

Councillors will have to declare conflicts of interest, and that does include who they support. In our case that involved the councillors one-by-one saying what club they supported at the start of the planning meeting. Weird to watch (and yes, I did watch a live stream of one of the planning meetings for New WHL :zzz:), but it'll make naff all difference. Just a formality.

Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, has said that he hopes Liverpool City Council and Everton Football Club will be able to make an announcement on a new stadium for the club within the next few months.

Speaking to our Everton Podcast, lifelong Evertonian Anderson said that the club and the council had been working hard together in order to develop a scheme that would suit both council and club.

“We’re looking at a number of offers from the club, and we’ve made offers to them as to how we can help progress things,” said Mayor Anderson.

“There are a number of sites that we’ve been considering and we’re doing all we can.

“I’m sure that reasonably shortly there’ll be a discussion and a debate taking place between ourselves and people of the city about something that we’ve been working on.

“I’m optimistic that we’ll be able to put forward a suitable solution within the next couple of months.

“The council will work with the club to look at how we can support them, not necessarily in a financial investment in the club, but perhaps in the same way that we’ve done with Liverpool.

“We’ve invested quite a substantial amount of money around the area [of Anfield] and I’m sure Liverpool Football Club would be the first to admit that.

“We’re working with Everton and I’m confident that we’ll be able to put a proposal forward shortly.”

No Groundshare

When asked about the potential for a ground share with Liverpool Football Club, Anderson was determined that both clubs have their own proposals that are so far advanced that the idea of a share is now dead in the water.

Adding that he would have been behind such a scheme, he said, “I think it could have worked, it’s not going to work, but the thing that I want is for both clubs to be successful and have money coming out of their ears and buy the top players without worrying about a groundshare or whatever.

“But if it saves you tens of millions of pounds a year and you can work together then I would have been supportive of it.

“But it’s not going to happen. The proposals from both clubs are so far advanced now that it’s academic, so let’s move on from that.”

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2014/04/everton-to-announce-new-stadium-debate-within-months/
Hope we get an announcement soon , really excited about this .

Just listened to the phone in. Absolute melts them lot. My favourite line was 'we need to accommodate the small boats, like the one's from north wales to Liverpool. It will ruin them if it happens.

It would be fantastic if we a reaffirm our position as the number 1 club in the city by securing a new stadium by the Liverpool waterfront.But the other thing that is encouraging is that we have a plan B.Of course we don't to fall back on it but the option is there if we need to use it.Croxteth wouldn't be the same as being beside the waterfront but we would still have a modern new stadium and the red shytes would still be green with envy.If plan A doesn't work out then we better make sure that plan B does.

It would be fantastic if we a reaffirm our position as the number 1 club in the city by securing a new stadium by the Liverpool waterfront.But the other thing that is encouraging is that we have a plan B.Of course we don't to fall back on it but the option is there if we need to use it.Croxteth wouldn't be the same as being beside the waterfront but we would still have a modern new stadium and the red shytes would still be green with envy.If plan A doesn't work out then we better make sure that plan B does.
I guess this is why it's actually good that the club aren't giving it the full razzamatazz until everything is in place. SC would be a huge downgrade location-wise, so we don't want to be seem limping away with our tail between our legs if we have to resort to it.

If we do though, the stadium had better make the Lucas Oil look like the Macron Stadium. I'd expect ever penny saved not going the docks to be spent on the stadium and the surrounding area, and then some.

My twopenneth worth as a red. The city as a whole (I'm talking future generations of all our kids) needs as much investment as possible. The clubs are always going to be here and if that means a new ground at the docks, then so be it. Obviously it could be a massive input into your club and my bluenose cousins are cautiously optimistic but one who works in the steel industry in Manchester has spoken of the concerns Peel have regarding the impact of a stadium on the proposed residential developments. I.e the infrastructure problems for residents of proposed developments with regard to the influx of fans. Whittaker of Peel is a very shrewd operator who will squeeze every penny he can from the proposed move. I would be cautious regarding the funding arrangements even in terms of architects fees due to the fact Hicks and Gillett forked about £50 million!!! For the proposed site on Stanley Park. Then you need to keep an eye on how the construction will be funded and what impact that will have on player recruitment in the same way it affected Arsenal (who have dropped back in terms of trophy winning as a result). I think you will still be at Goodison for about five years even if planning permission is granted due to the financial and practical matters involved. If you do get the move I will look forward to taking my seat in the Robert Elstone Stand.