New Everton Stadium Discussion

"We couldn't possibly spend big with a new stadia on the horizon" said whichever hired shiit shield is in place at the time!

Sad but true!

Build it on Stanley Park, now that the nonsense wont be. Save money by hiring the same architect that did the new San Mames and tell them to just build exactly the same thing, except our ground should be cheaper because there wont be the geographical features / old ground that bumped the price of that project up. Get the council to put as much money in as most of the London clubs are getting to move grounds (Spurs are at £27 million at least, West Ham £40 million plus).

This

Build it on Stanley Park, now that the nonsense wont be. Save money by hiring the same architect that did the new San Mames and tell them to just build exactly the same thing, except our ground should be cheaper because there wont be the geographical features / old ground that bumped the price of that project up. Get the council to put as much money in as most of the London clubs are getting to move grounds (Spurs are at £27 million at least, West Ham £40 million plus).
Or even the Kirkby stadium but in Stanley Park

As long as it looks something like the Signal Aduna Park, or Celtic Park etc...

I'd hate a soulless bowl arena.

There are loads of 'bowl' arenas that aren't soulless. Wigan have four separate stands, but it's an awful stadium, and Kirkby was just a bigger Wigan, imo.

I'd much rather have something like Sunderland have, rather than a Kirkby, Wigan, Blackburn, Millwall, effort.

Personally I don't understand why Goodison can't be dismantled and a new "bowl" arena built which would probably seat 50,000. Goodison is ageing and is essentially a collection of separate stands but the site on which it stands could still hold a more modern, efficient stadium couldn't it?

I have the feeling that this is to deflect the anger when we are told that there is no money to buy Lukaku or anyone else as "we are investing in a new stadium". That excuse could be good for the next decade!

Considering the help that London clubs get (and with West ham being given an olympic stadium) we should be given more help otherwise it's all anti-competitive.

I'm against the idea of building on Stanley Park, but I was also against it when Liverpool were given the option too - however, I also think it's only fair that we're given the option now that they turned it down. There's plenty of land where Liverpool Waters is planned on the derelict docks, but it's owned by Peel and they're probably not interested in having another stadium/arena around that area sadly. It'll be interesting to see what plots the council have suggested.