New Everton Stadium Discussion

Very true mate and I again apologise for making a little joke in this thread about the place you all love ;) .
I for one accept that the things that make Goodison rubbish, are also the things that make it great, cramped seats, low roof, having to get up to peer around a pillar, stands that bounce when we do, all make the atmosphere we love, and other fans appear to like to come to. Many comment on the love of the old school ground.

Not being from Liverpool I know nothing of these docks except that the new stadium will be in class location for getting the ferry as a foot passenger over from Dublin.. are the docks used? Unused? Are they a tourist attraction? Did anyone really care about what was happening at the docks before the planning application went in?
One dock is The Albert Dock this has been restored and is a good day out to step back in time...but the others come under - seen one, seen them all.
One or two have already been filled in and re-used and the silence was defening.
Most are unused and unusable given the size of modern container shipping...which is why the container terminal was built elsewhere.
and no, nobody cared much before and BMD was/is slowly decaying

I for one accept that the things that make Goodison rubbish, are also the things that make it great, cramped seats, low roof, having to get up to peer around a pillar, stands that bounce when we do, all make the atmosphere we love, and other fans appear to like to come to. Many comment on the love of the old school ground.

It was the atmosphere, the fans so close to the touchline, the ground itself was said to be one of the most intimidating in the league.

We won't be walking away from anything, they'll no doubt be looking for future funding and objecting to multi million pound schemes backed by billionaires is a good way of doing it. Sorry did i think my and write my thoughts out loud :)

It was the first proper purpose built football ground
And
According to some, now the last proper old style football ground.

I think the heritage wallahs, if they did fail at BMD, would for spite, suddenly wake up to the above, dig their heels in and veto Any changes to Goodison and let that fester and rot too.
that's how daft this whole thing is
Edit; or at best make us, at our cost obvs, strip off the cladding back to the old brickwork.

Last edited:

It was the atmosphere, the fans so close to the touchline, the ground itself was said to be one of the most intimidating in the league.
Alex Ferguson said the very same in one of his autobiographies. A nightmare of a ground to visit.

Howard Webb said it was the hardest place to referee.

Paul Scholes said Anfield never intimidated him, Goodison had the better atmosphere.

Arsene Wenger said our ground was a lot more aggressive than Liverpools, a great atmosphere.

Jose Mourinho “I love to play Everton, especially at Goodison Park, where the atmosphere is magnificent.”

It really is a special place, truly unique these days. I hope fans are allowed back soon so home (and away) fans do their absolute best to visit before she's gone.

As for the new stadium, I cannot wait. I have been lucky enough to have experienced great success at Goodison, but we should have left 15 years ago.

If we could somehow squeeze a trophy in before leaving it would be a fitting send off.

We really do need to get a trophy or 2 in the next few years before we leave. I know its been over 25 years since our last one, but we live in hope. Another league title in the last season would be a fitting tribute to all the great players who have graced the pitch in the past. Ancelotti will be going for it.