New Everton Stadium Discussion

But it stops projects dead in Liverpool while London are in a strong enough position to just ignore them. They've caused loads of stuff over the years to be downsized, made unviable and simply not proceed, they're dangerous and none of them live here. We've already made changes to suit them but their only objective is outright refusal and if that happens, we'd never recover from it. Each to their own though, we're all entitled to our opinions.

The biggest issues to development in Liverpool is our own council and we elect them. They are responsible for far more unfinished developments, poor deign/quality buildings through their planning 'prowess' in the city than any conservation group. As I say HE are doing their job, it's what the Club have expected them to do, so I don't see the issue. If our due diligance is done then this is simply a conversation to be had and a box to be ticked. I don't get the mass panic.

As you say each to their own.

But it stops projects dead in Liverpool while London are in a strong enough position to just ignore them. They've caused loads of stuff over the years to be downsized, made unviable and simply not proceed, they're dangerous and none of them live here. We've already made changes to suit them but their only objective is outright refusal and if that happens, we'd never recover from it. Each to their own though, we're all entitled to our opinions.

If we look at the LW designs the difference between the initial and what is currently planned it is unbelievable. Now the original may not have come to fruition exactly like below in this time of economical uncertainty, but seeing this was a 20 year at least plan it was still possible. One of these options smartens up the city creating jobs and opportunities, the other is putting Liverpool on the map as a global city with all the attached benefits. Basically at this point the WHS status should have been sent back to them with a message saying thanks but no thanks.

Screenshot_20200904-085311_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200904-085220_Chrome.jpg

The biggest issues to development in Liverpool is our own council and we elect them. They are responsible for far more unfinished developments, poor deign/quality buildings through their planning 'prowess' in the city than any conservation group. As I say HE are doing their job, it's what the Club have expected them to do, so I don't see the issue. If our due diligance is done then this is simply a conversation to be had and a box to be ticked. I don't get the mass panic.

I don't disagree with that, our council do nothing because they're guaranteed to get in every time.

I think it's getting built too by the way, I just hate these pen pushers earning a living off destroying places. Brunswick Quay, a 50 storey tower got blocked years ago because these fools got the Government involved because it blocked a view of the Anglican cathedral from one single point in Wirral, the site is still empty.

Mainly one guy who is on, errrrrr.... *cough* gardening leave. Absolute corrupt individual who I’m sure he has dirt on certain folk in LCC. The amount of unfinished building developments and the fact the city has 100% approval rate for such developments where called out by the chief exec immediately on his appointment.

it has, and always will be, a cesspit of backhanders and corruption our council. It’s riddled from the inside

rant over

stadium is boss though

If we look at the LW designs the difference between the initial and what is currently planned it is unbelievable. Now the original may not have come to fruition exactly like below in this time of economical uncertainty, but seeing this was a 20 year at least plan it was still possible. One of these options smartens up the city creating jobs and opportunities, the other is putting Liverpool on the map as a global city with all the attached benefits. Basically at this point the WHS status should have been sent back to them with a message saying thanks but no thanks.

View attachment 99749
View attachment 99750

Both are just visual concepts, it'll look nothing like either.

Got a builder in doing my bathroom atm. He told me the same thing. Can’t get plaster, blokes have bought up stock and are selling it on line at extortionate prices.

luckily we booked him months ago and he got the plaster he needed back then. But yeah it’s a massive problem for building materials in general.
In the building game. Prices have gone up. Its supply and demand. The factories hav been closed. They are open now so the prices will be back down again soon