New Everton Stadium Discussion

Are you as simple as your logic?

It's the interest rates that go up and make borrowing difficult.

They'll all give us the money at silly high rates hoping we fail to pay and then they (the banks) will own club and stadium through bankruptcy. And that's why EFC won't take a loan.

"Put it this way, if banks won’t lend to us in this climate then they won’t be lending to anyone." - Really?

"You’re chatting poo my friend" - I engage my brain before I speak, do you?

1+1 = 2, 2+2=4, 3+3=6 are you keepin up?

It's good to learn things from adults - yes?
When did the interest rates last go up and by how much?

Are you as simple as your logic?

It's the interest rates that go up and make borrowing difficult.

They'll all give us the money at silly high rates hoping we fail to pay and then they (the banks) will own club and stadium through bankruptcy. And that's why EFC won't take a loan.

"Put it this way, if banks won’t lend to us in this climate then they won’t be lending to anyone." - Really?

"You’re chatting poo my friend" - I engage my brain before I speak, do you?

1+1 = 2, 2+2=4, 3+3=6 are you keepin up?

It's good to learn things from adults - yes?

Your 2nd & 3rd paragraphs are pie in the sky mate. What is that based on? What would banks want a stadium in Liverpool for with no team to use it (at worst) or a team in the lower leagues (if we can't afford loans then I wouldn't expect us to remain in the top tier)? Why would they charge sky high interest rates to us? We are backed by at least 1 billionaire, 2 depending on who you listen to. How do the banks expect to make money, or stimulate any sort of economic growth, by charging sky high rates for no reason? People who can afford to lend will still be given loans at favourable rates, just because we are in the midst of this pandemic doesn't mean financial institutions will automatically start charging through the roof. Must have missed the Bank of England putting the interest rate up as well.

Must have missed the bit where I learnt from you mate, all utter hyperbole.

EDIT: as for EFC not wanting to take a loan as well... We lived off VIBRAC loans for a good decade at crippling interest rates.

I think the institutions are likely to be cautious about lending money for a Stadium at the moment. With the current pandemic there has to a great deal of uncertainty regarding Football Clubs income. With no fans in the stadiums, with the TV companies asking for rebates and the hesitancy regarding commercial income being reduced, it currently isn't a good time to borrow money for a Stadium.

In the short term we may face higher interest charges but that shouldn't deter us because we can always re-finance in the future at a more favourable rate.

With low interest rates and companies going to the wall, investors will be desperate for something to throw their money in to. What better than a football club, and what better than an area of a city that has such growth potential.

The chance of our stadium being built has actually improved considerably since the lockdown. One area that won't fail is football, while it may be subject to distancing and no fns in stadiums, the fans will soon be back. A stadium is a long term investment with a regular return. Investors are not usually short sighted.

Ignore the wind up merchants that have been drinking the silver polish.

Some rs think by saying it won't happen all of the time will have a bearing on this, I'm convinced. It's happening, deal with it.

Then there's the 'imaginary stadium' banter gimps, they've convinced themselves too, they'll be the worst hit. I hope they're still into making videos in the coming months, on the correct dock of course.

Some rs think by saying it won't happen all of the time will have a bearing on this, I'm convinced. It's happening, deal with it.

Then there's the 'imaginary stadium' banter gimps, they've convinced themselves too, they'll be the worst hit. I hope they're still into making videos in the coming months, on the correct dock of course.
It’ll be nice if they continue with the videos to allow us to see the progress of the stadium build. Not all of us can get to the site in the middle of a week day.

I do think it’s likely to go ahead , are the payments around 20 million a year for 25 years iirc ? And that will be a mixture of the improved match day income , guaranteed stadium naming rights paying the majority of this figure .

If the board can show the banks that a sponsor Is there and a business plan showing an increase in revenue can cover these payments plus the obvious increase in tv rights as the years move on then the owner acting as a guarantor for the amount will convince the banks it’s a pretty low risk loan .

What I may have missed or maybe misread was there not supposed to be another consultation announcement regarding ticket prices etc .

I do think it’s likely to go ahead , are the payments around 20 million a year for 25 years iirc ? And that will be a mixture of the improved match day income , guaranteed stadium naming rights paying the majority of this figure .

If the board can show the banks that a sponsor Is there and a business plan showing an increase in revenue can cover these payments plus the obvious increase in tv rights as the years move on then the owner acting as a guarantor for the amount will convince the banks it’s a pretty low risk loan .

What I may have missed or maybe misread was there not supposed to be another consultation announcement regarding ticket prices etc .
It's the uncertainty the everyone including the TV companies are operating under that will hold things up, Nobody knows where they'll be until it this pandemic's effects bottom out.

You're right a garantor/sponsor would help things, I suspect though we've been looking for one of those for a while now.

It's the uncertainty the everyone including the TV companies are operating under that will hold things up, Nobody knows where they'll be until it this pandemic's effects bottom out.

You're right a garantor/sponsor would help things, I suspect though we've been looking for one of those for a while now.

You don't think the fella who gave us 30m to jump ahead of the queue counts at all?

Interesting.