New Everton Stadium Discussion

I might be wrong here and will immediately hold my hands up if I am, has the club or any high ranking exec within made a statement along the lines: "The stadium build will go ahead regardless of prevailing economic conditions".

If the club has made the statement then your optimism for the build is correct and my pessimism is wrong.

Has there been such a statement? I might have missed it, but find it strange that after six months of this pandemic and its effects, the club has not seeked to reassure the fans while knowing the importance of this stadium build, if it had the money to build it.

I suspect they're waiting for the economic effects of this pandemic to bottom out and this this will take some time, more than weeks or months.

The build plans will probably pass muster with local authority and government, but I expect the build to be delayed shortly after approval of planning. The foundation on which the premiership exists, TV money and what they'll pay next time around is uncertain. This uncertainty is the general norm now.

I'm a realist and stand by my pessimism.

No mate, you are a RS. I’ll take a ban to out you....sorry Dan....

You want an official statement from the club to stop you wetting the bed?

The club isn't going to reassure you weekly mate.

The last statement they made said planning permission had been applied for.

Thats where we at.
You also haven't read the post properly.

I said it's been six months, not one week! Since the pandemic started and not a peep from the club on it's biggest and most ever expensive project.

Are you sure you didn't wet something when I suggested it might not happen?

That's it were always waiting for something to go wrong ,pessimism no this is happening mate believe it or not were getting a new stadium its going to happen get ready to pick your seat :dance:
I hope does, but I think there's a reasonable chance it won't given current conditions.

I said it's been six months, not one week! Since the pandemic started and not a peep from the club on it's biggest and most ever expensive project.

Hmmm.

Coincidentally, we cracked a bottle of this open earlier

Not cheap, but worth it, both the wine, and the stadium.

I hope does, but I think there's a reasonable chance it won't given current conditions.
I think the current condition has helped our cause creation of jobs and new homes around the stadium these are the main priorities for the government like them or not, I reckon we will be getting a gentle push by all the powers that be ,no brainer imo its happening.

I might be wrong here and will immediately hold my hands up if I am, has the club or any high ranking exec within made a statement along the lines: "The stadium build will go ahead regardless of prevailing economic conditions".

If the club has made the statement then your optimism for the build is correct and my pessimism is wrong.

Has there been such a statement? I might have missed it, but find it strange that after six months of this pandemic and its effects, the club has not seeked to reassure the fans while knowing the importance of this stadium build, if it had the money to build it.

I suspect they're waiting for the economic effects of this pandemic to bottom out and this this will take some time, more than weeks or months.

The build plans will probably pass muster with local authority and government, but I expect the build to be delayed shortly after approval of planning. The foundation on which the premiership exists, TV money and what they'll pay next time around is uncertain. This uncertainty is the general norm now.

I'm a realist and stand by my pessimism.
If the stadium gets passed by planning it will commence almost immediately.
There are people who have already committed resources and manpower to this project who are currently awaiting the green light to begin. I have actually spoken to people who are involved concerning the significant preparations they have already undertaken.
Literally the only possible caveat is some currently unforeseen problem with planning.
Those I have spoken to have no concerns about finance not being in place nor indeed any major problems with planning permission.

Hi mate

You seem to have doubts this could/ should happen.

Are you from West Derby ?
Do you like kite flying ?
Dogwalking on the docks?

Let us know mate , you seem new to this.

Hmmm.

Coincidentally, we cracked a bottle of this open earlier

Not cheap, but worth it, both the wine, and the stadium.
" The plan is supported by Everton Chief Executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale "

I support the plan to, but just like Miss Dynamite I don't have the money either and we're not sure Moshiri has either, they were running around here there and everywhere before the pandemic looking for it. The banks have tightened the belts even more since then.

Support can fall away and I still haven't seen a statement of this type: "The stadium build will go ahead regardless of prevailing economic conditions".

When Moshiri or that Russian say the money is ring fenced and there, then I'll smile.

I understand the difference between a offering support and actually seeing through to the end, I'm not blinded by the headlines.

Go ahead start the celebrations and open your bottle.

" The plan is supported by Everton Chief Executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale "

I support the plan to, but just like Miss Dynamite I don't have the money either and we're not sure Moshiri has either, they were running around here there and everywhere before the pandemic looking for it. The banks have tightened the belts even more since then.

Support can fall away and I still haven't seen a statement of this type: "The stadium build will go ahead regardless of prevailing economic conditions".

When Moshiri or that Russian say the money is ring fenced and there, then I'll smile.

I understand the difference between a offering support and actually seeing through to the end, I'm not blinded by the headlines.

Go ahead start the celebrations and open your bottle.

Lol

Big Al will use his spare change to build that

If the stadium gets passed by planning it will commence almost immediately.
There are people who have already committed resources and manpower to this project who are currently awaiting the green light to begin. I have actually spoken to people who are involved concerning the significant preparations they have already undertaken.
Literally the only possible caveat is some currently unforeseen problem with planning.
Those I have spoken to have no concerns about finance not being in place nor indeed any major problems with planning permission.
Are you 100% sure the clubs got the money, EFC didn't have it going into this pandemic and viewing it logically there has to less chance now?