New Everton Stadium Discussion

So stage 4 is no fans, and stage 5 is 90000 in Wembley?

I am being daft, cos stage 5 will be, er, staged, obvs But the point I was making, or rather the observation, is that this hasnt gone away. Its still a killer, and its not beyond the realms of reality that mass gatherings for anything could become a thing we remember.
As negative as I am about a lot of things, that's very much on the extreme end of the spectrum of outcomes.

People and institutions will adapt; medical breakthroughs will happen. There's also possibly a demographic / generational point to be made about the make up of future football crowds. It was, in the PL, becoming older due to the cost of entry; but that might change given the threat to some ages more than to others.

It's always down to cash at the end of the day. There'll be a lot of borrowing needed, and unless Usmanov really is behind Mohiri that will be a major problem.

Funding scuppered KD and DK.
Again to re emphasise the point I am making , the people I have spoken to within the construction industry who are preparing to be involved in the build would not be taking the measures they currently are if they were not very sure it was going ahead.
When you’ve been in this game long enough you learn to spot a wrong ‘un early doors because your livelihood relies on this intuitive ability.
If this build had not been green lit in terms of finance etc. at the main contractor and customer level the preparations I know are happening would not be happening.

Again to re emphasise the point I am making , the people I have spoken to within the construction industry who are preparing to be involved in the build would not be taking the measures they currently are if they were not very sure it was going ahead.
When you’ve been in this game long enough you learn to spot a wrong ‘un early doors because your livelihood relies on this intuitive ability.
If this build had not been green lit in terms of finance etc. at the main contractor and customer level the preparations I know are happening would not be happening.

A lot of organisations were committed to Kirkby: Tesco / Barr and KMBC. That committment was given while Everton were struggling to get together their cash for the build.

What would it cost for Laing O'Rourke to sign up to a contract with Everton? How would they lose (would they lose)?

A lot of organisations were committed to Kirkby: Tesco / Barr and KMBC. That committment was given while Everton were struggling to get together their cash for the build.

What would it cost for Laing O'Rourke to sign up to a contract with Everton? How would they lose (would they lose)?

it’s happening Dave

there is an insurmountable evidence that real progress is being made but you have yet to submit any evidence to the contrary.

don’t worry Dave it will look great

As negative as I am about a lot of things, that's very much on the extreme end of the spectrum of outcomes.

People and institutions will adapt; medical breakthroughs will happen. There's also possibly a demographic / generational point to be made about the make up of future football crowds. It was, in the PL, becoming older due to the cost of entry; but that might change given the threat to some ages more than to others.

Might.

We might have to live with this for more than a few months. Or years.

Laing would lose a lot of goodwill from the firms and sub contractors they have already contracted to commence the work. These people have already blocked out their calendars and would be faced with the major inconvenience of scrabbling round for alternatives to keep themselves and their employees in work in the run up to Christmas and beyond.
I don’t think Kirkby ever got this far in terms of actually involving ‘boots on the ground’, not even close.

Everything about the club mate, been doing it for years. Amazed he's still allowed to be on derailing threads as often as he does. It's a shame really, Everton do some wonderful things, and while unfortunately on the pitch isn't one of them at the moment, plenty off it to be proud of. He enjoys us doing poorly.

This stadium is happening and will be huge for Everton FC and be huge for the city of Liverpool.
I hear you bro but its also @davek putting the alternative view that stops this place turning into a mutual circle jerk, with everyone regurgitating the party line that occurs on RAWK, OK sometimes he goes a bit far but it doesn't do any harm to consider the alternative narratives. His attacking of RS is something to behold, that's when he is in his true element.

I hear you bro but its also @davek putting the alternative view that stops this place turning into a mutual circle jerk, with everyone regurgitating the party line that occurs on RAWK, OK sometimes he goes a bit far but it doesn't do any harm to consider the alternative narratives. His attacking of RS is something to behold, that's when he is in his true element.

He derails thread after thread and ignore doesn't work because there are plenty of decent posters who get caught up in it. Every club has its club haters, it is what it is.

So stage 4 is no fans, and stage 5 is 90000 in Wembley?

I am being daft, cos stage 5 will be, er, staged, obvs But the point I was making, or rather the observation, is that this hasn't gone away. Its still a killer, and its not beyond the realms of reality that mass gatherings for anything could become a thing we remember.
If that's the type of future world we end up living in then we're all going to be living in a s*** society by then, and one that won't survive

Laing would lose a lot of goodwill from the firms and sub contractors they have already contracted to commence the work. These people have already blocked out their calendars and would be faced with the major inconvenience of scrabbling round for alternatives to keep themselves and their employees in work in the run up to Christmas and beyond.
I don’t think Kirkby ever got this far in terms of actually involving ‘boots on the ground’, not even close.
...or maybe Laing O'Rourke simply said to subcontractors : 'Look, you can see how delicate this is. If it goes ahead we'll need you, so bear that in mind. But no guarantees'.

?