New Everton Stadium Discussion

He will have a clue about when it is likely to go before the Planning Committee, and the fact that he still sounds so confident makes me think that the heritage bodies haven't lodged substantive objections, but as I have said before, we can only wait and see.
Also him and blue Bill are pretty pally by all accounts so whilst he may not know the ins and outs i reckon he will have a good idea what the score is.

I was going to post... Listen to the club and not Joe Anderson on timescales, he hasn't a clue

Exactly. Work will start before the end of the year, if not before then? What does that even mean? Any time between now and the end of the year is before the end of the year. Just waffle.

I'm fairly confident it will happen, but if there's no update, don't give one.

Exactly. Work will start before the end of the year, if not before then? What does that even mean? Any time between now and the end of the year is before the end of the year. Just waffle.

Not really waffle as it's just sayin that 2020 will see some action. Perhaps not much of an update though. Mayor of the city who is a blue will be in the loop so he will have information and knowledge as to the projects position.

Even if he does come across a bit of a dope.

Not really waffle as it's just sayin that 2020 will see some action. Perhaps not much of an update though. Mayor of the city who is a blue will be in the loop so he will have information and knowledge as to the projects position.

Even if he does come across a bit of a dope.

I get that, but an ambiguous, nonsense update is no update at all. He has obviously wanted to say by December, if not before, but changed his mind as he has no real time scale to hand, so his statement makes no real sense.

Dan Meis and his childish Social Media antics have a lot to answer for. The funny thing is, his recent actions have in my mind totally justified any business decision made to go in a different direction, regardless of how talented a designer he may be.

I get that, but an ambiguous, nonsense update is no update at all. He has obviously wanted to say by December, if not before, but changed his mind as he has no real time scale to hand, so his statement makes no real sense.

Dan Meis and his childish Social Media antics have a lot to answer for. The funny thing is, his recent actions have in my mind totally justified any business decision made to go in a different direction, regardless of how talented a designer he may be.

The Dan Meis is an odd one but by the looks of it, the contractor to build it are the ones who decide the technical architect (the club referred to Laing O'Rourke making the decision). You're right though, no matter how much you feel wronged, crying about it on social afterwards isn't the answer.

Could have just waited until it became more public knowledge, released a statement and had everybody on his side.

Yep... He is an authority on the councils timescales for determining the planning application... He hasn't the slightest idea on Everton timescales though, there is more than enough evidence of that

Listened to Boris proclaiming that he wasnt going to let "the newt counters" object to planning applications. Didn't we read a year or so ago about some nature scientists saying that some amphibians were at risk if the project went ahead?

'Before the end of the Year', this is Everton.

Expect 3 tons of rubble to be dumped on the the site around 7-30 pm on December 31st.

Promise kept.

MEIS_Everton_Day.jpg

Crazy to think that this beauty is going to be our new home. We are going to see great times in this place.